Author Topic: Burns Puppy Food  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Alwaysupforawalk

Burns Puppy Food
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
I fed my last 2 dogs on Burns and never had any problems.
My new puppy is 13 weeks now and (as I posted in puppy section) always eating and scavenging on walks.

I just noticed from reading some (older) posts on here that some have found that Burns can sometimes not suit all dogs and
make them hungrier.

She seems to be gaining weight OK - although is definitely looking leaner than when we got her(she was the roly poly pup of the litter!!). I don't want to be too quick to change foods but wondered if others have had experience of this.

Thanks

Online Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Burns Puppy Food
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:29:49 PM »
My dog Smudge was on Burns Dry Puppy, then the adult (mixed with a desert spoon of Naturediet) for most of his life and he did well on it but on the other hand it did not suit Branston at all, I tried it all ways, dry only, when he was 9 months tried the dry mixed with their wet Penlan foods and Penlan alone and he still lost weight  and as you say was for ever hungry. In the end I changed him over to Naturediet wet which he took to very well and has been on the adult version for the last two years.

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
My 17 week old working cocker puppy was fed a mix of nutriment raw & Millieswolfheart kibble so if they needed to go to kibble they had been used to it.

I changed Tilly at 14 weeks over to Millies Riverside completly she is gaining weight at about .5kg weekly just started to slow down this week & weighed in at 7.1kg she is quite long in the body but still has a good covering on her. I am pleased with her weight as still looks quite solid & is very active so is burning off some of the food
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »
I had my previous dogs on Burns with really good results. When we got Daisy, it just didn't seem to work for her. So we tried Lily's Kitchen and she also loves Natures Menu dried nuggets. Each to their own really, it's finding what works best.