Author Topic: Strange toilet habits  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Gazrob

Strange toilet habits
« on: October 25, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
My working cocker Marley has a strange toilet habit. He will often sit on a bush and have a poo or a wee. This is sometimes quite embarrassing to me as it sometimes makes it difficult for me to clean up and he will get poo on his fur on his back legs. Does anyone have any idea why he is doing this and if there is anything I can do about it? I try to get him to go to toilet on a patch of grass and he does often do it on the grass but he will go again either on a bush or up a tree.

Offline bmthmark

Re: Strange toilet habits
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
Mine sometimes does this, I have no idea why he decides to poo in the most strange place.

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 01:27:14 PM »
I had one who preferred to perform his ablutions sat on a nettle. I assumed it was some form of canine sexual fetish.  :005:

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 01:33:48 PM »
Humphrey does this too, bottom half way up the embankment,  :lol: it is strange and we've often wondered why.......

Offline Gazrob

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Hi guys thanks for the replies. I'm pleased my dog is not the only one that does this. It's not really a problem as such it does make me laugh. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »
I think the higher up they do their poo, the more the scent will waft to other dogs and establish his territory. The same ways the cat family sprays up trees.

On the beach mine will do it right in the middle of the soggy heap of seaweed so you get wet feet clearing it up  >:(

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
I think the higher up they do their poo, the more the scent will waft to other dogs and establish his territory. The same ways the cat family sprays up trees.

On the beach mine will do it right in the middle of the soggy heap of seaweed so you get wet feet clearing it up  >:(

Lesley and Dylan

Ah haaaa :shades: interesting!

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »
Gemma is a  "wild" pooper.  her favorite spot at the mo in the garden is a pruned rose bush  :fear2:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Morgan does this too, he'll go up against a fence, hedge, any sort of boundary when he's out and about in order to place his poo. Hugo doesn't care  about such niceties and will go anywhere.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 08:14:57 AM »
Dexter is more of a "spreader".  He walks along dropping poo as he goes.  Alfie does it neatly in one spot, waits until I bend down to pick it up and then does the back leg scratching thing showering me with mud and leaves!!!! (I have to pick it up asap just in case one of the others walks in it before jumping up to say hello!)    >:D
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(