Author Topic: Re-homing a cocker  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Jm1989

Re-homing a cocker
« on: November 08, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »
hi guys - first of all I'm new around here so sorry if this is in the wrong place - secondly nice to meet you all

Anyway the reason I'm here is myself and my partner are looking to rehome/adopt a Cocker we have both had cockers before and both our parents have them now! We have moved in together 12 months ago and we feel now is the time!

My question is where is the best place to look as we are finding all the usual places don't have them in! We ideally would like a male 2+ Who's is housetrained- and if possible has a good recall off the lead although we are happy to work on that if not

Thanks in advance

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Re-homing a cocker
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »
hi and welcome. hope this is your first of many post to come when you find your spangle. :luv:
Spaniel Aid Uk rescue spaniels in need and then put them up for adoption ( find on facebook)
 Many Tears rescue mainly ex breeders and stud dogs that are no longer wanted  .

good luck.  your new family member is waiting for you ( I can hear them calling you)
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:38:06 PM »
http://springerrescuescotland.org/   Springer Rescue Scotland, if you are up this way, also have cockers as well.
https://www.caessr.org.uk/ Are a good Rescue too.
Oh, and welcome!  :D

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
http://www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk

On the left hand side of there home page(5th down) it gives rehoming details, there are representatives in most areas and contact numbers. It is another place to look.

Hope you find a cocker friend soon.

Sadly sometimes rescue cockers need a lot of TLC in some cases, but it is most rewarding as I can testify to.

Welcome too
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Jm1989

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys!

I've spoken to someone from caessr and they unfortunate said as we live in an apartment that they wouldn't be able to rehome anyone with us! Pretty gutted as we are both experienced with cockers and have a lot of love and time to give however I appreciate. They are only looking out for the dogs!

Ideally we would like to rehome a dog who needs a second chance however it looks likely that most rehoming places will say the same regarding apartment so we may have to look at a puppy!

Thanks again guys

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:08:55 PM »
I know that Many Tears will rehome to people in a flat depending on their individual circumstances.  I would contact them and ask for a home check and that way you would know if it was an option for you.  Just before you go down the route of buying a puppy.  Worth a try to give a rescue a new chance. 

Offline Jm1989

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 11:10:16 PM »
Thanks very much! I'll give them a call in the morning! Totally agree about a rehome! So many have been disadvantaged and just need a second chance!

Worst case I'm happy to get a puppy from a decent breeder but I'll certainly try every avenue to rehome first!

Thanks

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:28:24 AM »
It may also be that any of the dogs available for adoption may not be suitable for apartments to be honest
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Charliechoo

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »
good luck with your search

Offline poptart

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 12:17:37 PM »

I've spoken to someone from caessr and they unfortunate said as we live in an apartment that they wouldn't be able to rehome anyone with us!
Is this because you don't have a garden?