Author Topic: Snow  (Read 1353 times)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Snow
« on: December 10, 2017, 07:46:06 PM »
poor Gemma has not been allowed to run wild in the snow. it is about a foot deep here (gemma is only 11 inches at the shoulder) put her out in the garden and without her moving she instantly got covered with wretched snow balls. It has snowed here non stop for nearly 30 hours and it is still snowing. God help us when it (if ever) starts thawing

Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline PennyB

Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:22:52 AM »
Vaseline on her paws can at least prevent ice balls on her feet (as well as keeping that area clipped short) and put a dog coat on her may be
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:11:53 AM »
Weather‘s the same here , took quite a while to de-ice my little yeti with the hair dryer yesterday afternoon!  >:(

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »
ice balls today. She is currently sitting in the sunshine conducting a slow thaw
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
 :luv:

Offline juju

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
Here in N.W. Herefordshire we have had nearly a foot of snow in our little town. It's the most Izzy has ever seen. She thinks it's great! Luckily, she has just been to the groomers and so hasn't collected many snowballs. She has found her perfect rescue job which means hurling herself into piles of snow just in case anyone is buried underneath. Then it's back indoors for a bit of relaxing in the warm.

Offline David Morgan

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 07:53:35 AM »
They all went to  the groomers just before the snow - a foot in South Shropshire - but we left 8 month old Mason's fur quite long. Molly and Murphy had a good time, but Mason absolutely loved it. I took him to a field opposite the house and he ran and ran until, despite my best efforts, he couldn't move for snow balls. I carried him home and tried the hair dryer to no avail and had to put him in the shower to de-ice him; very tepid water. He was just as keen to play the next day.

Sadly, almost all gone now.