Author Topic: Garden - out of control!  (Read 8104 times)

Offline angelad

Garden - out of control!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 04:53:47 PM »
We have a patch at the end of the garden that is quite large which we plant potatoes in, well you can imagine what it was like last year :D as soon as the potatoes were in, Cooper was in there trying to dig them out ::) Roddie had to put a fence up to stop him getting in. The only trouble was that the is a small gap at one end as the wall needs rebuilding and ..... yup you've guessed it .... Cooper has found the hole >:( Every time he went out into the garden he ran down the bottom to the gap & straight into the tattie patch, well he is most disgruntled this afternoon as we have put a temporary fence panel up to stop him. You should have seen the look on his face :o

We tried putting a small fence up around one of the borders, but the little watsit jumped over it >:(. We had to fence the pond off too as we found a green swamp monster in there one day with his head below the wall and his bum up in the air :o I think he was saying ' If I hide behind the wall they can't see me' Boy did he stink when he came out :P                    
Angela & Cooper

Offline Myles

• Site Member
Garden - out of control!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2003, 05:28:40 PM »
We too have had the same problem and 'yes' we paid for the garden to be landscaped. Where once there was a beautiful lawn there is now burnt patches, holes and plants chewed to bits. All this within six months. (Poppy even ripped up my sacred piece of turf from the old Saints ground). We've now decided to have it hard landscaped as I think its virtually impossible to tell Poppy where she can and can't go within the garden. We would have to be constantly supervising her.

Good luck.                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Garden - out of control!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2003, 06:22:18 PM »
Oh dear, doesn't look like there's an easy answer :'(
 :-

I love the Spring but the thought of Lottie ripping out all my hard work is a bit depressing >:(                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Inca

• Site Member
Garden - out of control!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 07:31:20 PM »
Ummm ??? Going to have to get my thinking cap on for this one ::) Don't fancy  hard landscaping, love my plants too much. Mind you love Inca much more :-* :-* :-* Think I know who is going to win ;D ;D                    
Sandra, John and Inca