Author Topic: Where can I buy a grooming table from?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Marian

• Site Member
Where can I buy a grooming table from?
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:53:33 PM »
I'm sure that someone out there in COL land will be able to help me.

I've had the grooming course, I've bought the clippers (oooh, not cheap!!) and now I need a grooming table. Ideally I would like one which folds away so that I can store it in the garage when I'm not grooming Harvey. I need one with a restraining arm that goes from one end of the table to the other, and I need the restraining leads to go with it.

I've looked on the internet and have seen tables on sale for £800!!!! I don't want to buy a silly flimsy thing and I am worried that if I just go steaming in and buy something off the internet that that is what I may end up with.

If anyone can recommend a supplier/model I would be really grateful (and about 1/8 of the £800 price would be cool too!).

Thanks ever so much from Marian and Harv (who is quivering with fright at the mention of him mum wielding a set of clippers!!)  :005:

x
[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/robinw48/dsc000685.jpg[IMG]

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Re: Where can I buy a grooming table from?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »
I bought a super grooming table from www.simpsons-online.co.uk. It cost £120 but it is quite substantial & folds away when not in use. They also deliver very quickly & do lovely grooming brushes, scissors, coat kings etc.
I would definately buy from them again ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »
I too am looking for a grooming table too.

Here's one I've found:
http://www.thedoginn.com/acatalog/Grooming_Table.html 

I ordered some Pro Fleece (like vet bed) from here and it arrived very quickly.  It's the cheapest I've found a grooming table and they have a medium one that includes a control post for £96.  A small grooming table without control post is £80.

I think I'll probably get one of these.

Hope this helps! :D
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Marian

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:59 PM »
Thank you for you advice. I've bitten the bullet and ordered a folding table (large) from Simpsons with a holding arm, noose and adjustable (hmm, that'll be handy for my little slim boy, fat!!) tummy belt. - it cost me £180 all in (including delivery of £13).

I'm sure Harv won't be very impressed but I can't wait for it to arrive - how sad am i?????
[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/robinw48/dsc000685.jpg[IMG]

Offline GrahamT

• Site Member
  • kie 9 months (photo tracy morgan)
    • http://www.jalankiucockerspaniels.com
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:55:08 PM »
I'm sure that someone out there in COL land will be able to help me.

I've had the grooming course, I've bought the clippers (oooh, not cheap!!) and now I need a grooming table. Ideally I would like one which folds away so that I can store it in the garage when I'm not grooming Harvey. I need one with a restraining arm that goes from one end of the table to the other, and I need the restraining leads to go with it.

I've looked on the internet and have seen tables on sale for £800!!!! I don't want to buy a silly flimsy thing and I am worried that if I just go steaming in and buy something off the internet that that is what I may end up with. where do you live we sell them at our pet shop in stafford if its any help my phone no is 01785-602533

If anyone can recommend a supplier/model I would be really grateful (and about 1/8 of the £800 price would be cool too!).

Thanks ever so much from Marian and Harv (who is quivering with fright at the mention of him mum wielding a set of clippers!!)  :005:

x