Author Topic: Gone right off JWB  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
Gone right off JWB
« on: May 17, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »
We switched Indy to JWB a couple of months ago and she was doing fine on it.  :D

She was in MyPetStop kennels last week, where they feed Pedigree, (they're owned my the Pedigree company, I think), and now she won't touch JWB.  :huh:

Indy is an absolute greedy pig, mobile dustbin on furry legs so I'm really surprised she won't eat it.

She gets all excited when I go to the bag to dish her food out, jumps about and can't wait for the dish to touch the floor, sticks her nose in it, then looks at me with a 'I'm not eating that cr@p' look on her face.

I just don't understand it, I've tried all the flavours and she'll only eat it when she's starving, I must admit it's been a battle of wills and I've given in a few times and she's had a dish of chicken, but why would she go from devouring it to turning her nose up at it?  :huh:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Gone right off JWB
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 02:50:50 PM »
I think it might be a bit like kids and Mac Happy meals!

I would carry on with the battle, but don't weaken. I hate Pedigree food. The stuff that goes in looks just like what comes out the other end. Ewwww.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 03:05:52 PM »
I had this problem with Kali last month and I am afraid I caved in and changed from Burns onto Arden Grange.  I did also put a tiny spoonful of Royal Canin (sensitivity control) tinned meat in with it.  Then when she was being picky I lowered the biscuit ratio and upped the meat.  I then went the opposite way when she started eating again.  She has been on the AG Lamb and Rice with a tiny bit of tinned meat now for a while and looks great on it.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 05:57:02 PM »
I go on the basis of if they don't want it they don't get anything else. Ruby went through a phase recently where she knew there were chicken wings in the fridge but as she wouldn't eat her normal food she got nothing at all --- now she's back to eating her food again!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »
I'm not sure it's all down to Indy.  I've recently asked JWB to let me know if it has changed its formulations (no reply as yet) as I've noticed that when I now wet the food, it absolutely STINKS.   :o Yet it is the same type that we have been feeding for ages.  It certainly never ponged like that before and Cassie and Millie aren't nearly as enthusiastic about their dinners - which is saying a lot since their entire life revolves around food.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed any change?  :-\ :-\

Cazzie

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:10:52 AM »
I go on the basis of if they don't want it they don't get anything else. Ruby went through a phase recently where she knew there were chicken wings in the fridge but as she wouldn't eat her normal food she got nothing at all --- now she's back to eating her food again!

I agree  ;)

Offline citybird

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 09:29:13 PM »
I've just posted re this exact problem we're having with Holly at the moment. Strangely enough, our problem started after begin in MyPetStop! Saying that, she didn't get fed there as we fed her before she went in the morning and when she got home in the evening! ::)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 09:34:56 PM »
I'm not sure it's all down to Indy.  I've recently asked JWB to let me know if it has changed its formulations (no reply as yet) as I've noticed that when I now wet the food, it absolutely STINKS.   :o Yet it is the same type that we have been feeding for ages.  It certainly never ponged like that before and Cassie and Millie aren't nearly as enthusiastic about their dinners - which is saying a lot since their entire life revolves around food.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed any change?  :-\ :-\

I'd have to wonder about that since there are two posts here today on the same thing. These companies usually don't let customers know when they change the formula. You might try e-mailing the company to try to find out
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 11:14:26 PM »

I'd have to wonder about that since there are two posts here today on the same thing. These companies usually don't let customers know when they change the formula. You might try e-mailing the company to try to find out

I did email them and received a holding acknowledgement but, so far, no reply.  Since it was weeks ago now, I presume they have conveniently forgotten about me.  Makes you wonder if the answer really is 'yes, we've changed it but people are complaining so we aren't going out of our way to confirm it'.  And the dogs are still turning their noses up at it.  ::) ::)