Author Topic: Spaniel Bowls  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Caprilli

• Site Member
    • Caprilli Dalmatians
Spaniel Bowls
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »
Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any Stainless Steel or Plastic Spaniel bowls out there that actually work? From previous experience I have found that most dip their ears into the food bowl anyway. Have you found anything that really works?

Greetings,
Stephanie Yates

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Re: Spaniel Bowls
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:57:33 AM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Caprilli

• Site Member
    • Caprilli Dalmatians
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
Thank you! I will look those up. I am just a bit concerned about them breaking too quickly as it is not always me who does the washing up.

Greetings,
Stephanie

Offline MontyMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »
I don't know if I am allowed to shamelessly plug Claire on the forum but she makes ceramic spaniel bowls and they are fantastic  :luv:
Monty has never managed to get his ears in his food or water since-much to his disgust  :005:

Warning....link to shameless plug follows  :lol: http://www.geocities.com/clpceramics/spanielbowls.html

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »
I don't know if I am allowed to shamelessly plug Claire on the forum but she makes ceramic spaniel bowls and they are fantastic  :luv:
Monty has never managed to get his ears in his food or water since-much to his disgust  :005:

Warning....link to shameless plug follows  :lol: http://www.geocities.com/clpceramics/spanielbowls.html

I too can recommend Claire's bowls! They are fantastic!!!

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
Yep, it is one of Claire's bowls you need!  ;)

Coco loves hers and it is great for keeping tripe out of her ears!  :lol:

Julie and Watson

Offline MontyMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »
What a great photo of Coco...I keep trying to catch Monty in the act of eating to send a photoin the hope he makes it to Calires 'hall of fame' but he's a wriggler  ::)

Offline Caprilli

• Site Member
    • Caprilli Dalmatians
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »
I saw those too and liked them a lot but was a bit concerned about the fact that it could be easily broken. Once a week our 11 year old son is on dish duty and we do seem to encounter quite a high amount  of breakage:) Are they quite sturdy> Would they survive if they where dropped into the sink or onto padded Lino floor?

Stephanie

Offline MontyMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »
Hmmmm....I'm not sure??

Mine have survived the whirlwind that is Monty!!!!!   :005:
They seem fairly quite resilient to me, but I'm not sure what others think, though I'm guessing this is the best place to guage opinion...think there'll be a lot of other 'Chow Bella' bowl owners on this forum!!!!

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »
We bought some stainless steel ones online, before we had seen Claire's ones. They do work and ears are kept nice and clean, but they don't look as nice. We also have some high plastic ones that we bought from pets at home, but they can be moved around the floor too easily and can still break.

Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:30:11 PM »
They are quite thick but I am not sure if they would survive being dropped on the floor!  They are very good though so maybe you will just have to train your son to be more careful when he is on dish duty!   ;)  Perhaps you should introduce a breakage penalty  system!  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 03:53:15 PM »
They are quite thick but I am not sure if they would survive being dropped on the floor!  They are very good though so maybe you will just have to train your son to be more careful when he is on dish duty!   ;)  Perhaps you should introduce a breakage penalty  system!  :005:

Aw, poor lad, I'm sure he doesn't do it on purpose  :luv:

These things are inevitable when you have children, and one of the reasons I don't have a Chow Bella bowl.....it wouldn't be fair to expect lil'bit never to have an accident, and it would upset her, and me, if it got broken  ;)

I have to confess,  have given up trying to keep Molo's ears out of his water and food - I wash his ears in warm soapy water once or twice a day, instead  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 04:15:12 PM »
I have ceramic spaniel bowls from PAH and his ears still go in them, I am waiting for my ChowBella bowl I ordered one the other day.

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 04:18:35 PM »
Ive got a spaniel bowl and it works for Whistler, I have it engraved "no ears"

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 04:23:25 PM »
I saw those too and liked them a lot but was a bit concerned about the fact that it could be easily broken. Once a week our 11 year old son is on dish duty and we do seem to encounter quite a high amount  of breakage:) Are they quite sturdy> Would they survive if they where dropped into the sink or onto padded Lino floor?

Stephanie

I bought two from Claire a couple of months ago and they have taken all kinds of poundings and both still intact.