Author Topic: Starting on BARF  (Read 4048 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Site Member
Re: Starting on BARF
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 07:24:03 AM »
It made another appearance yesterday evening - she must have hidden or buried it, until it got to the optimum flavour/age   ph34r

She was proudly carrying it round the garden when we got back from our afternoon amble, then promptly proceeded to chew and munch it before us - OH and I were in the hammock enjoying a glass of wine and watched the whole show...

She got it down to the last 2 something inches and I couldnt bear it any longer and took it quietly off her to bin it, was expecting her to try and swallow the last bit whole!

She did enjoy it tho, arent they dexterous with their paws?  :D

On a BARF note, I managed to find a supplier near me that does AMP, so bought a 2k bag of Beef mince for her to try - so far, its got the thumbs up!  ;)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 08:15:36 AM »
On a BARF note, I managed to find a supplier near me that does AMP, so bought a 2k bag of Beef mince for her to try - so far, its got the thumbs up!  ;)

The freeflow mince is great and very good for hiding pulped veggies in (Coco doesn't like her greens on their own  ::)) Coco is not too keen on poultry mince (might be the texture - same problem with the frozen blocks  :-\) but she loves the lamb and tripe ones so maybe you should go mad and try those next!  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline LesleyW

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 06:27:57 PM »

The freeflow mince is great and very good for hiding pulped veggies in (Coco doesn't like her greens on their own  ::)) Coco is not too keen on poultry mince (might be the texture - same problem with the frozen blocks  :-\) but she loves the lamb and tripe ones so maybe you should go mad and try those next!  :D

We are looking into getting another, supplementary freezer to store her grub in, at this rate I will be buying ALL the varieties for her to try!  :lol: