Author Topic: Groomer near Wetherby?  (Read 481 times)

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
Groomer near Wetherby?
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:05:57 AM »
Hi

Am fairly new to this area and on my 4th cocker. Smudge was 1 yesterday. All my other cockers have been cut and I really dont want to go down that road with Smudge. His coat is still not coming out very much and although he is silky on his front,ears,shouldersand back of legs he has a couple of patchy cottonwood bits on his back.These are black as opposed to the blue roan colour of the rest of him. Both his mum and dad had lovely silky coats, and the breeder we got him from said he must not be cut if we wanted a silky coat! He is a fluff ball as you can imagine! He has been tidied up a bit round his paws but his legs look as tho he is wearing jogpurs and so my question is

"does anyone know of a groomer in this area who knows how to pluck and trim cockers properly? "

Hi again, after reading some other posts, I just wanted to add that he has been to a groomer a few times already to get used to scissors etc and has been tidied up on his armpits,ears,head etc but he still has much too much hair left as far as I can see on other cocker photos. His puppy hair is still not giving on these black patches at all.
Thanks again

Offline Caticus

• Site Member
  • Ash at 12 weeks
Re: Groomer near Wetherby?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
I know of a couple in the York area. Ash was 1 year old on the same day as your smudge! I have a cocker who was shaved and neutered before we got him. He is just like a fluffy bear. His coat goes so curly and fluffy so we have to have him clipped all the time. Ash has never been clipped, just stripped and coat king and his coat is lovely, smooth and shiny. Email me and I will let you have their numbers if you are still looking. Are you too far away to come to the York meet up on 29th December