Author Topic: Which whistle is best??  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
Re: Which whistle is best??
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 04:45:45 PM »
OH has a black whistle ;) his recall is rubbish............................ :005: :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »
OH has a black whistle ;) his recall is rubbish............................ :005: :005:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

well, at least you're kind enough to let him have the excuse of the wrong colour of whistle  :005:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 05:01:12 PM »
See. If it was a black whistle you would see a ginger bluuuuurrrrrr............

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 05:06:47 PM »
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww...............

You knew that would make me swoooooooon. I love him, love him, love him...  :luv:

Which reminds me, there is a distinct lack of photo's of Isaac recently... come on caz, the sun even came out today!!! Get snapping!!!!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeee  :D

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Cazzie

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 05:35:20 PM »
But do you all have a Acme PINK whistle  :shades:  :005:

Yes, I have a Pink one! I am sure that my dogs recall is much better because of it :005: :005: ph34r

For those of you who wish to get one  http://www.blackgundog.com/products.asp?subCatUrl=whistles-lanyards

Caz

Oooooohhhhhh viz zees peenk vistles you are tempting us!!! Not sure OH would be overly chuffed at having to wear it though, he visably blushes if I make him walk Dave while I have Storm  :005:

But if it improves recall.....................................................  :005:

Yeh I find mine dont listen to the black ones  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »

Yes, I have a Pink one! I am sure that my dogs recall is much better because of it :005: :005: ph34r

For those of you who wish to get one  http://www.blackgundog.com/products.asp?subCatUrl=whistles-lanyards

Caz

Oooooohhhhhh viz zees peenk vistles you are tempting us!!! Not sure OH would be overly chuffed at having to wear it though, he visably blushes if I make him walk Dave while I have Storm  :005:

But if it improves recall.....................................................  :005:

that's cos they are nearly all black dogs they don't want to listen to a whistle the same colour as them  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Cazzie

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 09:44:24 PM »

Caz

that's cos they are nearly all black dogs they don't want to listen to a whistle the same colour as them  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Ah just as well you cant get a pink dog then  :-\   :005: Or can you  :005: (NO not going down the poodle road again)  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »

Caz

Ah just as well you cant get a pink dog then  :-\   :005: Or can you  :005: (NO not going down the poodle road again)  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :D

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Offline pupdaddy

• Site Member
  • What you lookin' at?
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 12:38:18 PM »
Acme 210.5

We hired a trainer a few months ago. He told us to sit on the sofa, whilst Jarvis ran in and out of the house. We were to give 3 pips on the whistle (our chosen recall command) and hold our hands out with a treat (not that he's very interested in treats). Eventually, he wandered in and ate it. We just repeated this, without saying anything other than "Good boy" until he responded instinctively.

That said, off the lead, we don't have 100% success rate... but it's better than shouting
Robin & Emma & Jarvis

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 09:08:43 AM »

That said, off the lead, we don't have 100% success rate... but it's better than shouting

But is it a pink whistle? :005:

Seriously though....................

I always blow my recall command at the dogs meal times,  just to reinforce the link to food  :D

Offline tori252

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »
I use an acme 212 - seems to work with all of mine, but have a shepherds whistle as well

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 06:25:45 PM »
I have just ordered a pink one, and a lanyard. I am certain it will improve recall. :005:

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »
Annette, I  am sure that your recall will be 100%!
I have a pink whistle, and a Blacklanyard :shades: The option of a pink whistle and lanyard was not available when I bought mine, should I shell out the extra £3.50 for a pink lanyard??? At the moment, the pink whistle is only 91% effective if I stand between the offending dog ( Lillie, small, gobby, blue roan, female, bunny chasing, Cocker (show type)Spaniel ) and the intended chase...........bunny...duck......pheasant.......

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 01:33:25 PM »
Hi all, just come across this post and wondered what the difference is between a 210 1/2 and 211 1/2 whistle.

Is it something to do with the sound pitch generated when blown? 

Si.

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:14 PM »
My Stepdad was out Training his lab Jack to whistle. Jack was pretty good at it at the time and a lady said ''Wow what kind of whistle is that''. Stepdad told her and went on his merry way. He saw her again a few weeks later and she complained that her whistle was rubbish. She really did believe that her dog would instantly know what to do for how many whistles just by blowing the darned thing  ::) Stepdad had a good laugh and told her you still had to teach the dog what to do  :005: