Author Topic: Leg cocking...  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
Leg cocking...
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:54:28 PM »
How old were your boys before they started cocking their legs?  Riley is only 7 1/2 months now but for the last month or so has started having lots of little wees instead of one big one so I don't think he is far off.

I'd be interested to know how old the average age is!

Cheers
Sam                    

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Leg cocking...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 05:00:15 PM »
Doesn't sound like he's to far off does it :)   I've owned 3 dogs and out of them only 1 has ever cocked his leg and he didn't do that until he was 3yrs :!:   :shock:  I remember we were at a show and i was just walking him outside, as you do  :roll: , And he cocked his leg about 2 inches of the ground.  i was sooo proud and promptly went inside and told all my friends what a clever boy he was

Torie x                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Leg cocking...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
Blue was about 10 months old when he first cocked his leg but even at 13 months as he is now he still doesn't cock it every time, I suppose it all depends on how strenuous his day has been :wink:  :lol:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Leg cocking...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 08:49:48 PM »
Morgan was much the same as Blue - around 10 months.  He cocks his leg every chance he gets - sometimes getting us into trouble  :oops:  Got a real roasting off a man once for 'letting' Morgan pee on his garden wall (I hadn't even noticed as we were near the end of the walk and by that time he lifts his leg just for the sake of it as there's nothing left  :wink: )

It was strange when Cooper arrived 'cos the first couple of days Morgan copied him and started squatting - the novelty wore off, though, and he soon went back to leg lifting  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Leg cocking...
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 09:05:18 PM »
Dallas was about 6 1/2 months old if I remember correctly.  He also did lots of little pees for a short while before he cocked his leg for the first time so sounds like Riley is almost there :D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jenny_930

• Site Member
Leg cocking...
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 11:58:22 PM »
Paddy is a year next month and he still pees like a girl..........lol.                    

ziggy

Leg cocking...
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 08:12:07 PM »
jasper is nearly 3 and still doesn,t cock it,,i sooo wish he would so i can be proud too!!!! does it make a difference if they have been castrated??? :?                    

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Leg cocking...
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 08:46:33 PM »
Taliska started last month he was about 9 months and there is no stopping him now.

:D  :D                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Leg cocking...
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 09:40:13 AM »
Taliska started last month he was about 9 months and there is no stopping him now.

:D  :D

See i think i was quite lucky with Mickey.  Once he started to 'cock it' i was worried that he would do it everywhere and anywhere including the house but he was very good only cocking his leg when he really felt like it and quite often still sqwatting :)

My friends cocker, Harry pees for britain :!:  Every last blade of grass, in the house :x  EVERYWHERE :roll:                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline T

• Site Member
Leg cocking...
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 01:48:57 PM »
Paddy is a year next month and he still pees like a girl..........lol.

Same here with the Spud...1 year old and still squatting like a girl!!! But we like it ... Ohhhhhhhh!  :lol:                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!