Author Topic: a question for breeders  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
a question for breeders
« on: April 29, 2004, 11:02:09 AM »
I've had a request for a pup from my upcoming litter, but I do not want to sell a pup to that person/family.

Its someone I'm very familiar with, but I'm also aware of how much trouble they will course me if the pup doesn't turn up to be the most perfect pup in the world in every way (show, field trials, obidience, family dog etc. etc.) This is what happened to other breeders they've purchased pups from. They're very experienced cocker owners and they would be the dreamcouple to sell a puppy to if it wasn't for all the trouble they make. Its not that I don't want to take the responsibility there is to breeding and if there's any health or temper problems I would handle it right away. But I don't produce world champions and thats what they expect.

What do you say to friends or persons you know well who wants a pup from you, but you're having a bad feeling about it even before the pups are born?

Are you being polite or are you telling people the truth?

Normally I would tell people the truth, but this is experienced cocker owners I know very well and I'm not interested in starting a war.

:(                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
a question for breeders
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:09:07 AM »
By the way

if anyone here does breed perfect dogs, I would like to order one   :mrgreen:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
a question for breeders
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
Poor you Sarah - what an awkward situation! Could you perhaps tell a little white lie and say your waiting list is already quite full so you may not have a puppy available for them? Sometimes honesty is the best policy but sometimes, a little lie is better as it saves unpleasantness & hurt feelings. We have been in a similar situation although the person concerned was more of a friend of a friend so we didn't know them well but well enough to know they are somewhat obsessive & not at all realistic in their expectations of a puppy :wink: We went for the little white lie in this case although in others, we have politely said to people why we didn't think it was right for them to have one of our puppies. It all depends on the circumstances :wink:

Good luck whatever you decide to do but don't feel pressurised into selling a puppy to these people - it isn't worth the worry it will cause you!

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
a question for breeders
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 06:06:44 PM »
Thanks for your answer jane

I went for the diplomatic rejection (and a little lie)....   :wink:                    

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
a question for breeders
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 03:33:03 PM »
By the way

if anyone here does breed perfect dogs, I would like to order one   :mrgreen:  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i do - they are perfect at making a mess - destroying everything in reach - eating anything and everything and making a total pain of them selves!!!!!! :D

Oh - you mean perfect perfect!!!! Sorry no can't do that!!!!! :wink:                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!