Author Topic: Stained Messy Cocker  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« on: May 10, 2004, 11:59:48 AM »
The wet and muddy weather seems to have passed - for today anyway :D  Brilliant - we can return from a walk still clean - says Who?!"*"!!

We were out on the field today - which is now covered in dandelion flowers and very long grass.  Very pretty and great fun for the dogs - until you see what they look like afterwards!!  Brogans white feathers are now stained a yellow green colour - the staining will not budge.  He has turned into an Orange Groan :roll: !!

So I will look at my own photo of Brogan in the gallery - to remind me of cleaner days!!  Any stain removal suggestions  would be appreciated!!  There again why bother - we will be back out there later today.  I wonder if the hue will get deeper with each walk? :shock:

Bring back the mud!!!!! (won't even mention the sticky tree bits that he comes back covered in or the ticks that he wants for pets!!!!!, good job I enjoy grooming)!!!!

Doesn't look like his roan is going to come out any more either - he will stay more an orange and white (used loosely right now) with a tiny amount of roan on his back - could dye him black!!   :idea:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 12:14:23 PM »
But you love him just the same  :lol:                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 01:17:51 PM »
I could always pretend that he is a new unusual colour - and call him Bogie instead of Broggie :idea:  :wink:  Maybe the yellow staining could pass as a lemon and orange - citrus roan!!  8)

Now that he is dry - he looks yellow pee stained :oops:  with a bit of green thrown in.  New coat for the summer? :roll:

Love him to bits - stains an' all  :!:    Good job really - this colour is here to stay for a while!!  Hair colouring - it must be that adolescent phase he is going through :lol:

The rest of the family can't stay clean for long so, never expected the dog too :wink:  Don't think vanish will work on his staining though!, and I can hardly chuck him in the washing machine!                    
Laura x

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 04:37:20 PM »
im having the exact same problem . anyone know how to get rid of tha stains the grit and mud wont go sometimes .what do you lot do when you have a wet cocker in the car ive put plastic down and seat belted in by the harness I still get mud everwhere  :( mabe this is why so many people own soilds  :lol:                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 08:13:46 PM »
Sorry, no idea how to get the stains out.  In my opinion, it wouldn't matter if it was dandelions, mud, horse manure or compost, a cocker's not happy unless he/she is dirty.  Morgan positively hates being clean  :roll: .  At least Brogan had a good time, though  :P

It's not any easier with solids (well maybe with blacks  :wink:  ) I had a similar problem with Morgan last year - he was much lighter then and it was the first time we'd cut the grass with him there.  Out he went to keep Eric company and came back in green up to his knees  :shock:  It took about a week to wear off  :roll: .  No danger of Cooper doing the same this year, he's scared of his own shadow, don't know what he'd do if he came face to face with a lawn mower  :lol:   :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 09:42:23 PM »
His tinge is now either lighter or it is growing on me? :wink: Who wants a clean dog anyway? :roll:   Yes he did have a great time and yes he will be doing it all over again in the morning - he romps with his 2  lab friends and a golden retriever you see and who am I to spoil that sort of fun? He is the only one though that leaves the field in that sort of state.  I was silly to expect summer weather to be easier!!  Could wait until the morning dew dries - that would cut down on mess but, that means waiting - I can see those pleading deprived eyes now  :(

I don't have too many problems with a wet Cocker in the car - we have a crate for him which contains the mess to his area.  Don't envy you trying to keep the seats clean!  I've read on here about the towel bags they seem a good idea? Sure there must be someone out there who can give a better suggestion

Regarding solids - aren't the coats as a rule even more profuse?  Now I can see why so many use people use clippers!!                    
Laura x

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Stained Messy Cocker
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »
Hi Laura

Morgan is very hairy but Cooper (dark blue roan) actually looks like he'll have even more hair than Morgan - I certainly don't remember morgan being quite as fluffy at 5 months.  I think light roans have finer hair?

As to cars, well I have a waterproof boot liner and a guard - Morgan learned at the grand old age of 20 months, how to climb over into the back seat.  My car still stinks of wet dog......all the time  Any suggestions anyone?  My car's not big enough to have a crate in it  :(  :?                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys