Author Topic: Sticky situation ... chewing gum!  (Read 1174 times)

Offline T

• Site Member
Sticky situation ... chewing gum!
« on: May 14, 2004, 09:43:46 PM »
So just what IS the best way to get rid of some lovely chewy, stringy, sweet smelling chewing gum from a wriggly-worm-ass cockers paw eh!?!  :?

Well we've just got through half an hour of picking, cutting, soaking, stringing, yukking and gooing it out!  :shock:

Thinking on it now I'm surprised we've never had this problem before! And in fairness to the mister Spud he was very patient and only grumbled a bit.  :)                    
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 09:47:49 PM »
Without freezing poor Charlie Spuds paw off, an ice cube is great for hardening up the gum making it easier to remove. As long as you can snip at the hair behind the gum I should think it'd be ok to use  :wink:                    

Offline T

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:40:33 PM »
Oh Thx Michele, we thought of that too...but there's one problem...he just  looovvveeesss ice cubes!
No way we'd be able to keep him still if he saw it! He'd want to chase it round the room before crunching away on it!!  :lol:
We'll have to learn to be sneaky!!  :wink:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 12:01:54 AM »
Give him one to eat!  While you do the deed :wink:  Grrr don't you just hate chewie on the floor  :evil:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 12:08:09 AM »
Or you could look here http://www.tipking.com/cleaning/tip_387.shtml lots of tips for removing chewing gum, including egg whites and mayonaise :?

Let us know what does the trick!                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 07:36:47 AM »
Our Charlie Spud has such cool feet as well  

Let us know how you get on.                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Toohey

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 01:41:53 PM »
this may not be too helpful, but I had the same problem a while back, and here is the Australian response :D
http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?...&hl=chewing+gum
I think the pics have been removed unfortunately. I should also explain that Jed's dog TBCSITW stands for "the best cocker spaniel in the world".                    

Offline T

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 02:18:37 PM »
Ohhh thanks for all the advise guys...we succeeded by cutting most of it out as we were strapped for time as travelling down South for the wkd, but there the sea water & sand did the trick!!  :wink:

But Mmmmm mayonnaise, CHOCOLATE  :shock: , peanut butter, with a dash of lemon juice and then a splash of eucalyptus oil ... he would have been in heaven licking his paw after that!!!! :lol: Would never of imagined any of them! But will definately try all of them next time!! Yep there's bound to be a next time now!!  :roll: