Author Topic: Went to training classes for the first time.........  (Read 912 times)

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
Went to training classes for the first time.........
« on: May 23, 2004, 03:35:44 PM »
...today. Was a bit dissappointed as they were fully booked. Wish I was told b4 I went. Anyway, had some good advice off the 'professionals', poor Sammy was a nervous wreck with all of the other dogs wanting a sniff of him  :? !! He jumped onto me as if to say, 'get me outta here' :!:
Will go next week to watch again, it looked great fun. Had a laugh at one or two of them. It was good to observe what they all do. There are 5 classes for different ages and ability. There were mainly border collies and g.shephards, a couple of springers and labs. there. It's lovely out today, took him for his first walk in the playing field near us, he loved it but kept close by :wink:                    
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 07:52:20 PM »
Aaahhh, sounds like Sammy was a wee bit overwhelmed by the dogs at the training class - never mind, after a few weeks I'm sure he'll get used to it.  I only wish there was something like that round here.  It's just what Cooper needs, to get him used to other dogs as he's a bit of a whimp around them :? .  There was one running when Morgan was about 8 months (for 10 weeks) but there haven't been any since  :roll:   :roll:

Glad he enjoyed his first walk in the playing fields.  I'm sure there'll be plenty more of these and he'll grown in confidence with each one  :P                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »
:) Hi there

I have taken Bailey for Obedience training three times now and he loves it.  He has learned a lot. He SITs very prettily, he goes DOWN quick as a flash.  He knows when to LEAVE IT.  And now he is learning to HEEL.  A tube of Primula soft cheese in my hand and Bailey will do anything for a lick.  He is a wonderful, nearly 4 months old pup!  He has charmed many people there and he gets his tummy tickled frequently. He has made many friends with the other pups, too. He loves to practice his new tricks in our garden and afterwards we always play fetch with his favourite toy. I am very proud of him and I love him to bits.  

Today we practiced STAY  and he stayed 8 seconds which I think is very good.

He seems to also have learned the word PEE. I say GO TO PEE and he does!!!

Sunny days to you all.

Bailey and Tuuli                    

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 12:04:43 AM »
..........wow, that is amazing!  We only go to watch so that when we do go for 'real' in August, we will have some idea on what goes on.  He is 17 weeks tomorrow so by the time we do go he will be 6 months! I'm hoping he will have learnt a bit more than his name and to sit albeit for 5 secs.!
They all make a fuss of him there too, and he loves to lie on his back legs akimbo and have his tummy tickled! He has a mad half hour each day, at different times, so you never know when it's going to happen and tonight he went in a mad circle around our room and ran behind the sofas, so I rolled up a magazine as if it were a hurdle, and he flew over it about 5 times!! Think he has a gender problem :? Bless him :!:                    
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline Tuuli

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 08:34:38 PM »
:D Hi Subeeloo!

Bailey has a mad quarter every now and then.  Today I desided to water the garden and with Bailey's help took the hose out.  Soon as the water started to gush out Bailey went mental.  He was running in circles and falling over and having fun!

Yes, Obedience training is worderful.  It is not really to pups that they are training it is mainly the owners.  It is brill!  Bailey is going now for Foundation Certificate and rosette.  He has his own Puppy Foundation Assessment Diary and out of 12  exercises to complete he has already done 8. Brill! The trainer is very into Dog Psychology and she really is superb!  

We received a A4 sheet of House Rules: !. Ignore the dog 5 minutes after any separation  is the number one rule.  After igonring the dog for five minutes call it to you and give love & affection. And I do! 'cause he is lovely! :D

There is a beautiful although very timid Rotweiler bitch, Bella, in the same class as Bailey.  But Bailey being Bailey and being cockery playfull managed finally to go up Bella's nose and the girl launched! :evil:   That thaught Bailey a lesson.

Both Bailey and I throughly enjoy the classes.

Sunny days to you all.

Bailey & Tuuli