Author Topic: when will Chloe be fully grown?  (Read 503 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
when will Chloe be fully grown?
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
Just wondered when to expect Chloe (working type)to be fully grown .....also, hope its ok to ask two questions! but I've read somewhere that one can expect changes in pup's behaviour when they come into their first season (around 6 months?) So, what sort of things should I expect?

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: when will Chloe be fully grown?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:07:14 AM »
Cockers usually reach their adult height by around 9 months to 1 year, then fill out for the next year or two, depending on gender (females mature faster than males) and if they are spayed/neutered or not.

6 months old is the beginnings of adolescence for both sexes, and just like people they are all different. Some sail through adolescence with barely a hiccup (count yourself lucky if this is the case!); some hit a rough patch of typical teenage behaviour (selective deafness, all traiining "forgotten" etc.) and some you may wonder if you will allow them to live to adulthood!  >:( ::) :lol2:

Cocker bitches can come into season at 6 months, but most of them usually come in around 8-9 months. Check out this thread for what to (possibly) expect in that department  ::)

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=44072.0
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Coco

• Site Member
Re: when will Chloe be fully grown?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:00:04 AM »
Agree with above in all senses. Wherry hasn't grown upwards since she was around 1yr but she has for sure grown outwards  :005: No, I don't mean fat just expanded to fill in and catch up with herself. She also didn't have her first season until close to a year old.
My Gizzy is 5 mths and she is SO not ready for a season (nor teen stage, she is still very 'puppy') but their mate (all W. Cockers) would have been fine with one at 7 mths she was so mature. Horses for courses really, If there was no season after 14-18 mths I'd be very concerned, equally if they were still puppy weight or still getting bigger but it's kinda part of the fun seeing them grow and change
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo