Author Topic: When Will Bree Stop Biting ?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline darylr

• Supacocker!
When Will Bree Stop Biting ?
« on: January 15, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »
Hi,

I was hoping someone out there can tell me when Bree will stop biting everyone & everything ?  >:D

She just doesn't want to stop trying to eat her way through our house at the moment, which is driving us daft! Currently she's eating the bottom of our new carpet. Over Xmas she ran off with my silver marker pen chewed through it which then drenched the carpet in silver liquid ink!  We then had to find professional cleaners on Xmas eve. We try and keep her occupied with chew toys etc, but she loses interest quickly.

Any ideas ?

Daryl & Bree

Offline cockers mum

Re: When Will Bree Stop Biting ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 02:44:35 PM »
they are all different, our youngest cocker is 2 and we still do not trust her on her own in the living room, she will stand up on her back legs and steal anything she can reach and chew it up, my glasses being her favourite, I have had 2 new pairs so am extra careful with them now.

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
We have to keep a very close eye on our 2, we have a 16.5month and a 7.5 month, both will steal whatever they can get off the dinning table if not watched closely, when we go out they go to thier bedroom (utility room) this room is trached but at least it is just that room and nowhere else

Offline black taz

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »
its obviously a cocker thing .....

Last night, Taz was upstairs (all doors shut except the two rooms he is allowed in) and all was quite.  OH went upstairs to find him under the bed in the spare room (now his playroom) with a cat toy.  To get this particular toy the only was he could have got was to to climb on a swivel computer chair, put his front paws on the second shelf on the cuboard (at about 3ft) then take stretch his head to take the toy off to next to top shelf!  and they say squirrels are craft!

btw - he had at least 4 other toys/chews to have of his own in the spare room

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »
they are all different, our youngest cocker is 2 and we still do not trust her on her own in the living room, she will stand up on her back legs and steal anything she can reach and chew it up, my glasses being her favourite, I have had 2 new pairs so am extra careful with them now.
weve just taken on a 2 and a bit year old girl and shes absolutley lovely but she will jump up and down to steal things off the worktops and i caught her standing on the kitchen table a few times and i was chasing her around the garden trying to get a big raw potato that shehad  half eaten off her shouting " come here you b****y mad bitch " when her old owner dropped a pressie off for her luckily she could tell by my voice i wasnt serious but it was embarassing  :embarassed: ph34r  DARYL as for the biting and chewing if you look at old threads on here your not alone, bruno ate my carpets chairs remote control one of every shoe all of the woodwork around my doors a very expensive phone ,2 car seatbelts  >:(  they do stop honest  :blink: :blink:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 04:38:49 PM »
Rodaidh turned 2 at Christmas and I still don't trust him 100% when we go out. He's not crated any more and 9 times out of 10 he's fine and won't touch a thing but the 10th time we come home and he'll have taken a book or a packet of photos out of the bookcase and chewed the corners off some of them or the most recent one was to get into the cupboard under the stairs, bring out a plastic dustpan and chew bits off it ::)  It just seems to be something he decides to do every now and then. Alfie was a terrible chewer as a pup, he practically ate my whole house but once he got to about 14 months or so he stopped completely and after that he never chewed anything.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:20:03 PM »
They are deffo all different!! When anything is missing or chewed in my joint it is 99% likely that Katie pup (9 months) is responsible!! Shoes, glasses, pens and my Ovaltine if I leave it low enough while I go and lock the door, little >:D

Smudge is not so bad - he did chew a little when younger, but nothing like Katie pup, Holy moley what a rascal!!
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline lilboymylo

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
mylo is only a young un still(nearly 7 months)but i think it is going to be a while till i can trust him 100
% be careful though mylo ate a glove which got stuck in his tummy and had to have it removed surgically so he was pretty sore for a while so i am extra vigilant with him.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
My Bailey is 4 nearly and hasn't chewed since she was 18 months but out of the blue over Christmas she went into the cupboard and stole my new shoes  :o she chewed the heal so I got a black marker pen to fill in the chew marks so I could wear them New Years Eve. Wish I hadn't bothered as the shoe got caught in my Per una skirt ( the heal was just to rough) and caught the lace on the base of skirt.
My other cocker is 18 months and she still chews if left  :-\ she has loads of toys kongs and I play hide and seek with the food when she's left.
My other 2 have never chewed a thing  :luv:
Good luck I know how annoying it is and expensive  :-\

Jo