Author Topic: Nothing prepared me for Chloe!  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Nothing prepared me for Chloe!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 07:03:21 PM »
Mine have definitely chilled as they've got older. Alfie's first 18 months were nightmarish at times but he matured into a really lovely dog - still mad as a hatter on walks and could 'go' like no other dog I've seen - but totally chilled out in the house. Tilly and Rodaidh do tend to wind each other up play fighting and wrestling at times and it's 10 times worse if they haven't been out for a decent walk but generally they're pretty content dogs and are very much as per my signature photo - they're very chillaxed :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:15 PM »
Ollie's the complete opposite. As long as he's the sofa and the fire's on, he's happy. He's happy with a couple of half an hour walks a day, and doesn't need to go off-lead at all.

Doesn't he ever go off lead Laura?
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »
SkyeSue - you may find once Chloe gets a bit older she is happier to relax more in the house....  ;)

Agree with this ;) Jarvis was a horror for his first year, he was constantly on the go. The first time i EVER saw him tired was after his first COL meet, when he was about 12 months old, he really went for it having such a great time with all t'other dogs that when we got home he lay down in his bed and refused to even move for his dinner :lol2: :luv:

Now he's all grown up he's happy to go for as long as i'll let him, but equally in the house he's pretty chilled and definitely doesn't nag me for walks like he used to. :D
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 07:39:55 PM »
The first time i EVER saw him tired was after his first COL meet, when he was about 12 months old, he really went for it having such a great time with all t'other dogs that when we got home he lay down in his bed and refused to even move for his dinner :lol2: :luv:
Well, with any luck, we'll be going on our first COL meet next month (Chloe will be 10 months by then) so it will be interesting to see if it tires her out  ;)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline PennyB

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »
he's happy to go for as long as i'll let him, but equally in the house he's pretty chilled and definitely doesn't nag me for walks like he used to. :D

Mine are like this (might add that mine are show-type) - they came out with me for 7 hours last saturday (after a half hour agility lesson) and would've gone on and on if I'd let them (I was knackered though). They are pretty chilled in the house but will nag me for a walk (Ruby will even go and fetch her lead to remind me!)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 08:24:34 PM »
Has Chloe been full of beans from day one? Harvey's very active (4months now- it's gone so quick  :embarassed:) but is quite happen to cuddle up and understands the needs of Sunday lie-ins.

Offline highlandlass

• Robbie the Rebel
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
Robbie is a woker - and bonkers! (as i'm sure you have heard) - but honestly - he has really calmed down in the house these last couple of months - and he's 2 tomorrow!!!! Have not seen the wall of death for some time - unless you count the maddie he took on the icy tracks up the woods last weekend which resulted in him being called all sorts of names by other so called dog lovers from COL!!

He will run for ever - but not at full pelt - unless he is led astray by Jean's pocket rockets - (I've been warned!!)  ;)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
Has Chloe been full of beans from day one? Harvey's very active (4months now- it's gone so quick  :embarassed:) but is quite happen to cuddle up and understands the needs of Sunday lie-ins.

Yes, she's been full of beans since she arrived in the world!  :005: But, I must give her her due, she is also incredibly cuddly and also understands the needs of lie-ins (every day of the week  ph34r :005:) I let her out for a pee around 7am then its back to bed till 8ish, then I make coffee, go back to bed with the lap top, and she happily snuggles under the covers whilst I check out COL!. We finally get up about 9am! (Well, we can't be doing with these dark mornings  :lol2:)
We'll be up with the lark when the Spring comes!

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »
Ollie's the complete opposite. As long as he's the sofa and the fire's on, he's happy. He's happy with a couple of half an hour walks a day, and doesn't need to go off-lead at all.

No, cos firstly, I can't trust him to run up to anyone and everyone to say hello, and secondly, he's unneutered and will stay that way for the time-being. He goes on a long line though, so he's not by my side constantly and does get to relax. He's happy though, and even on the long line, he's not a mad hatter and doesn't run around anywhere.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 09:45:38 PM »

No, cos firstly, I can't trust him to run up to anyone and everyone to say hello, and secondly, he's unneutered and will stay that way for the time-being. He goes on a long line though, so he's not by my side constantly and does get to relax. He's happy though, and even on the long line, he's not a mad hatter and doesn't run around anywhere.

I'm hijacking my own thread here, but Laura surely you would like to be able to trust Ollie off lead? I know he sounds happy with what he's getting, and he's a laid back dog, but it would be so good for him to run free. You would love it too.

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
I can trust that HE won't hurt anyone, it's the fact that he'll want to say hello to everyone, eg, an aggressive dog or person who's frightened of dogs. And also he's unneutered. What if there was an in-season bitch around, bit irresponsible?

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »
3 years??? i still have 2 years to go..........quick lets find the transfer note!!!!
My life is now complete.......cockers are my life

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »
I can trust that HE won't hurt anyone, it's the fact that he'll want to say hello to everyone, eg, an aggressive dog or person who's frightened of dogs. And also he's unneutered. What if there was an in-season bitch around, bit irresponsible?

I know of loads of unnneutered dogs, (many on COL) and ALL go off lead. It's only irresponsible if you're not making an effort to train him recall. And the reason he's so laid back could be due to him not getting a good long run, just like people unfit dogs will want less exercise. ;)
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »

I have 2 entire dogs that go off lead EVERY day, without issue, I would not have it any other way they NEED the off lead exercise in my opinion

Offline PennyB

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 09:57:38 AM »

I have 2 entire dogs that go off lead EVERY day, without issue, I would not have it any other way they NEED the off lead exercise in my opinion

plus its lovely to watch them - that's why i was so upset re Ruby losing her eye last year as her other eye is also at risk and everyone says (I know they're only trying ot make me feel better) that even blind she'll be fine but then she wouldn't be able to race around how she is now all over all sorts of terrain (you should've seen how steep the 100m drops were yesterday in the woods and my two were racing up and down them) which would break my heart really as she's still so full of life
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!