Author Topic: Anyone own a cocker and still have a nice house/garden???  (Read 4542 times)

Offline little_jack

Anyone own a cocker and still have a nice house/garden???
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
Please tell me your secret if you do! I have chewed cushions, parts of the wall have been chewed, the carpet is chewed, the rug is chewed, there are footprints again on the kitchen floor no matter how much I clean him when he comes in, I have tops with one sleeve now and tops with no sleeves, I am missing numerous socks and the garden  :o . There are holes in the grass where he digs, and brown patches where he goes to the toilet and bits of random toys and all the flowers are trampled  >:D . Does this sound familiar to anyone? Am I fighting a losing battle  :005:

Offline babushka

Re: Anyone own a cocker and still have a nice house/garden???
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »
Very familiar. I have lost the battle!!!

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

No ...no clean house or tidy garden here  ::) many many holes in the lawn and surrounding pebbles  ::)...dog toys scattered all over the garden ,no matter how many times i pick them up and bring them in the dogs take them out again  ::)..i did have white walls ..they are now mud splattered...my white kitchen units always have dirty paw marks on them and are now very scratched as well  ::)...my doors have claw marks where they push them to come in another room...i have chewed bits on my stair rails...some of the trims around my wooden floors are missing..Biba chewed them  >:( ..i have a hole in my leather sofa where they were trying to make a bed  ::) i have had to replace my quilt twice where Lola peed on it  ph34r...i could go on  :o  :005: so yes i would say dont even try fighting the battle  :005:  :005:  give up now  ;)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »
Try owning a great dane as well!   ::)

The settee has lost all its shape from Wilson (great dane) lying on it.  The back of the settee has lost it's shape from the cockers sitting on it to look out of the window, the doors are all scratched from them being shut in a room for any particular reason, the door frames scratched from Wilson's big feet.  Skirtings chewed, kitchen worktops chewed, dining chair legs chewed.  Carpets stained from various "accidents" from both ends  :embarassed:

Ripped jeans from wilson pulling me to the ground, several pairs of shoes ruined as we forgot to move them when going to work  ::) countless socks destroyed.

Still love them to bits though!  Wouldn't be the same without the added "character" of the house!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline little_jack

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »
i could go on  :o  :005: so yes i would say dont even try fighting the battle  :005:  :005:  give up now  ;)

Oh dear  :005: . Its a good job Jack is so cute  :luv:

Try owning a great dane as well!   ::)
Still love them to bits though!  Wouldn't be the same without the added "character" of the house!

I cant even imagine  :005: . "Character" of the house, love it  :005: . That is how Im going to remember it the next time Jack is up to no good

Offline doughy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »
Oh i Am soooo glad its not just my house that has been trashed by the dogs ! Woodwork chewed, muddy floors, pawprints over the kitchen cupboards and throws (thats why I have 2 sets of throws ),And as for the garden I lost that battle to keep it tidy along time ago we now have no grass just mud !! But would I want it any different No I dont think so I`d be lost without my lovable doggies!

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 04:52:44 PM »
Eeeeerrrrmmm - Yes.

House mostly clean, nothing chewed or ripped, she's not allowed on the sofa, garden's OK, got to admit the flower beds are a bit trampled but nothing too serious. The lawn's fine, she doesn't dig.

She occasionally pinches socks but they're always in her bed.

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
I gave up a loooong time ago with having 4-8 dogs here! Its tidy but thats about it....

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »
I've stopped apologising for the hair, chewed floorboard & skirting etc, etc,etc.  However, I do try to keep one room reasonably dog free, which is the sitting room, and doggies are only allowed in there in the evening (so touch wood nothing chewed in there yet).  At the moment I'm searching for fabric (that doesn't show hair or muddy paw prints) for the sofa in the conservatory, as this seems to have become the cats & dogs spare bed. As for the garden, dogs are only allowed in for a wee and to play with me.  Anytime I've left them to their own devices in the garden, most of it seems to have ended up in the conservatory on sofa, twigs, chunks of mud and pebbles.  As for the windows in the conservatory I have a line of nose smudges (at cocker height) all the way round.  That said I lovvvvve my babies and if this is what it takes to keep them................I'll just have to have a dirty house.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline claire42

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »
Not any damage to the house thank goodness apart from dirty footprints >:D >:D

The garden is a different story though  :005: :005:

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 05:01:26 PM »
My house is actually relatively unscathed (so far) more that the floors get filthy but they are wipe clean mainly and she has so many toys, including about 50 stuffed ones that the girls have given her that I spend half my time tripping over them  ::)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »
We have 5 dogs  :blink: 3 cockers and 2 golden retrievers  :luv:
Its possible  :blink:  I have a very large conservatory so if they are damp they can dry in there then its just wipe the floor over  :blink:
My OH re did the garden a few yrs ago with shingle, now I have lots of pots and statues instead. Its really great no muddy feet in the winter. Before we had more bold patches then grass  :005:
We do have socks, bras and slippers  pinched regularly though  :-\

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 05:28:58 PM »
No.  ph34r  :lol2:

Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »
No.  ph34r  :lol2:

Is that the cocker Rumba they are doing  :005: Lola does this and moves side to side whilst scratching the door...you door looks like my conservatory doors...in a permanent fog  ph34r

Offline Katiee

• Limited Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »
They look just like my windows!!! :005:
Our front door is in a big glass screen, there are cocker nose prints all over the outside and small person hand prints all over the inside!! ph34r
Looks much better when the sun doesn't shine on it!!! :005: :005: