Author Topic: When to start adult food and 3 meals or 2 ?  (Read 671 times)

Offline chrisj1957

When to start adult food and 3 meals or 2 ?
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
Can anyone advise me please.My 2 boys Baxter and Angus are now just over 6 months and are on Burns mini bites 200g a day each I am still feeding them 3 times a day but have been told 2 meals is enough.I also wanted to know when they can go on to Burns adult food as on their web site it says adult food from age 6 months onward.I need a new large bag this weekend and don't know whether to buy mini bites or get a small bag of eash to gradually change them over.Any ideas appreciated.

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: When to start adult food and 3 meals or 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »
They are old enough to go down to 2 meals a day and to move to adult food. Some people prefer to carry on longer bit for cockers there is no need to feed puppy food beyond 6 months.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline Bugatti

• Naïstima's
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »
to switch to adult food, I would say It depends of your pup and his weight/size, my 8 months bitch is still on puppy food, till the end of her growth I think.
and all my dogs  switch from 3 to 2 meals/day at the age of 3 months.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »
I'd do as Jo says and put them on adult food and 2 meals per day at 6 months; larger breeds may need to stay on puppy food for longer but with Cockers it's not really necessary.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/