Author Topic: any one feeding Healthy Paws Kibble?  (Read 5735 times)

Offline MUDDYBOOTS

Re: any one feeding Healthy Paws Kibble?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »
I feed Orijen which my two really like. Cloe suffers from ear infections and i thourght the fact that it was free from beetfibre may help.Do you think healthy paws would be a good alternative.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »
I think Orijen is a good kibble - and it's down to whatever suits your dog in the end  ;)  Despite thinking we were near the bottom of the bottomless bag of AG we're JUST about there now so will be Healthy Paw-ing next week.
helen & jarvis x

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »
Got Charlie on the Healthy Paws puppy now.  He seems to like it and coat shinning but a bit soon to tell.  Will try the older dogs soon, just need to get down the stuff thats here first.

We liked Orijen, just wanted something I could buy locally.  That said, if I end up paying over the odds to buy it local, then I'll be back to ordering on-line  :shades:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
Molly is on Burns (pork & potato) and Blue is on Royal Canin. I would like to change them on to the same food but Molly has a really sensitive tummy. On the Burns I have noticed she has a very dull looking coat but don't know weather that is down to having pups in June or the food  :-\
Does Burns pork & potato have beet pulp in it? I haven't got the bag to look at the ingredients as I store the food in a container.

It probably does - can't tell you for sure but I know Mr Burns feels there is no connection between beet pulp and allergies so that leads me to believe he could use it in his kibbles  ;)

Healthy Paws update from the House of Jarv....well, we love it.

His coat is much improved, he's dropped the tiny bit of weight (about 1/2 kg) that I thought he could lose and he absolutely loves it.  Stools are fine, and he's full of beans (or rabbit, as the case may be  ph34r :shades:)

Just for a comparison we've had his sister Pudge Fudge staying - she's fed Bakers  :shades: ph34r  Upon reading the bag I found Bakers meat content is a whole 4 percent....which is in the MEATY chunks only (so in about 1 in 10 pieces of kibble  ::) ).  Healthy Paws is 26 percent  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline puppy love

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
I changed Indie from Burn P&P to Arden Grange Salmon and Indie's coat is lovely now, although I do add a teaspoon of salmon oil to her food. She also has a sensitive stomach but i felt she was a bit hungry on Burns and her poos were a bit too hard  :lol2:
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 08:33:15 PM »
Molly is on Burns (pork & potato) and Blue is on Royal Canin. I would like to change them on to the same food but Molly has a really sensitive tummy. On the Burns I have noticed she has a very dull looking coat but don't know weather that is down to having pups in June or the food  :-\
Does Burns pork & potato have beet pulp in it? I haven't got the bag to look at the ingredients as I store the food in a container.

It probably does - can't tell you for sure but I know Mr Burns feels there is no connection between beet pulp and allergies so that leads me to believe he could use it in his kibbles  ;)

Healthy Paws update from the House of Jarv....well, we love it.

His coat is much improved, he's dropped the tiny bit of weight (about 1/2 kg) that I thought he could lose and he absolutely loves it.  Stools are fine, and he's full of beans (or rabbit, as the case may be  ph34r :shades:)

Just for a comparison we've had his sister Pudge Fudge staying - she's fed Bakers  :shades: ph34r  Upon reading the bag I found Bakers meat content is a whole 4 percent....which is in the MEATY chunks only (so in about 1 in 10 pieces of kibble  ::) ).  Healthy Paws is 26 percent  ;)

Nice to hear Jarvis is doing well on Healthy Paws, we are trying Healthy Paws and Barking Heads at the moment trying to figure which is better for Baja's tum, did you try Barking Heads Helen?

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
No I haven't tried Barking heads but I hear it's pretty good too  ;)

That would be the next one if this didn't suit  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »

I have been feeding Barking Heads for nine months now, plenty of time to see a difference.   Jessie seems not to get ear infections when she is on foods that do not not contain beet pulp, Barking Heads does not contain beet pulp.  She has also put weight on losing weight on the Burns. So I am really pleased with it, and will continue feeding it.

Offline SandraD

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »
Monty is also on Barking Heads -  we have found that he loves :D.  He was originally on AG puppy but very quickly started turning his nose up at it, our trainer suggested we try BH puppy and he loved this, we have just moved on to the Lamb adult food and so far so good. 

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
I have just ordered a sample of Barking Heads for my two to try - Dennis has an ear problem that won't seem to go so I'm trying to eliminate beet pulp in case it's that  :-\ Currently we use Arden Grange and Naturediet, How does Barking Heads compare price wise with AG ? Roughly how much do they suggest feeding an adult of approx 12kg?
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2009, 12:31:47 PM »

I have just ordered a sample of Barking Heads for my two to try - Dennis has an ear problem that won't seem to go so I'm trying to eliminate beet pulp in case it's that  :-\ Currently we use Arden Grange and Naturediet, How does Barking Heads compare price wise with AG ? Roughly how much do they suggest feeding an adult of approx 12kg?

I  usually pay about £37 for 12kg bag.     Dylan is about 12kg and I feed him 140 grams per day about 3/4 of a mug, Jessie weighs just under 9kgs and I feed her 100grams a day 1/2 mug.   I tried a certain amount and then tweaked it. Depends on the dog, activity exercise etc.  I don't feed anyother wet food with his, but sometimes add leftover steamed veg with it.

Offline SandraD

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »
My 12kg bag costs £35 and like JP I give Monty around 140g per day.  I add a tiny bit of JWB wet food (only about a teaspoon) just to make it smell "good"!!! :005:

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
I found a place locally today that only had 6kg bags, which was £18.99, where do you buy the bigger bags from?

Baja is having a small amount at the moment to add to his chicken/rice as he is still having giardia problems, but so far so good  :blink:

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »

You can buy it on-line from stockists on the Barking Heads website,or if you ring them they will be able to tell where you can buy it locally.

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »

You can buy it on-line from stockists on the Barking Heads website,or if you ring them they will be able to tell where you can buy it locally.

Thanks  :blink: