Author Topic: 2 Different Types  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
2 Different Types
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2004, 10:57:08 PM »
It's two working cockers I have, and never having had a show cocker I have no comparison to go on, I would say both types are very attractive in their own way.

Of my two Vahri is very sleek and elegant, with the manners to match, where as Ruffy is chunkier and fluffier and more, well in your face.

Offline kookie

• Site Member
2 Different Types
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 06:58:06 AM »
This is an issue that has always rubbed me up the wrong way as we have a working cocker and a show cocker. They both have the typical characteristics that you would expect from their respective strains ie the worker is more agile and more intelligent but I would also argue that to say she is not the 'show' dog, she is also better looking.
I've met Amanda's dogs, and her working cocker has such an attractive face, and the most appealing eyes.
When our last cocker died, we had fully intended to get 2 working cockers, but it just so happened that Cleo and Livvy turned up 1st.
I don't think they are any less attractive either, how can any cocker not be attractive? :)  
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
2 Different Types
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 11:49:12 AM »
Sorry Karen
Didn't mean to offend, you know how we feel about Len.
I think what I'm trying to say is, where I would describe Molly as beautiful, I would describe Lennox as handsome. Maybe it's a male/female thing?!

Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline kookie

• Site Member
2 Different Types
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 07:23:30 AM »
no offence taken Amanda, I didn't mean anything. I think Molly is a pretty little lady. Me and my big mouth. I was on your side, but as eveyrone on the forum knows, I'm not very eloquent. :rolleyes:  
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
2 Different Types
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 02:26:35 PM »
:D Told you the picture would work - we love guessing games on this forum :D

Although it wasn't much of a challenge - he is show type allright, Golden!!!

OMG though - i hope he has more coat by the winter or his bits will shrivel! :blink:  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline dog2

• Site Member
2 Different Types
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 11:53:12 PM »
:lol: At the moment he has lots of coat and very curly and thick because his groomer has just had a baby and cant clip him for another couple of weeks but have ordered a defelter from its a spring thing so i can thin his coat out myself and will attempt to clip the fur between his pads myself too.He is a loving dog and I,m looking for a yorkie friend for him atm.So I will tell him hes a show cocker.but the travellers i got him from were working him,catching rabbits and pheasant,then decided he wasnt good enough and stopped it so he got so big he could hardly stand.But now hes with me and we love him. :P