Author Topic: Anal Glands?  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Anal Glands?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2004, 08:46:46 PM »
The signs that the glands may be full are a deliciously foul fishy smell (yum) and that funny, scooting around your nice clean carpets on their bums exercise they like to do in front of visitors :lol:

Our vet said that it's not uncommon for a young dog to need them emptied quite a few times, but then they 'settle down' and start functioning properly themselves :blink: .  Have no idea how true this is though.
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline PennyB

Anal Glands?
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2004, 10:30:33 PM »
The signs that the glands may be full are a deliciously foul fishy smell (yum) and that funny, scooting around your nice clean carpets on their bums exercise they like to do in front of visitors :lol:

Our vet said that it's not uncommon for a young dog to need them emptied quite a few times, but then they 'settle down' and start functioning properly themselves :blink: .  Have no idea how true this is though.
A friend of mine has a cav who's anal glands emptied out on her lap the other day LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Anal Glands?
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 10:31:37 PM »
A friend of mine has a cav who's anal glands emptied out on her lap the other day LOL
Eugh!
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Anal Glands?
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2004, 10:37:51 PM »
Well I guess I couldn't miss the obviously strong aroma and scooting around.....so maybe my two are ok.

Might just have a little experiment tomorrow though :blink:  

Offline PennyB

Anal Glands?
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 08:54:15 PM »
Poor Ruby scooted so much last night I had to take her to the vets this morning and her anal glands were full. All her bits were raw and inflamed as well so he gave her a longacting steroid injection.

Again he suggested showing me how and I said that I'd rather she associated him with pain than me, which he found quite amusing.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Anal Glands?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 09:16:30 PM »
I'm with you here Penny :D   Show me all you like but I ain't going to do it!!! :blink:  :blink:  
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe