Author Topic: Season Question  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Season Question
« on: October 07, 2004, 09:53:23 PM »
I have just had another holiday, and Jazz spent time with the doggy lady, and I got her back today, and she is DEFO in season. I have a few questions, and have had a look back over various posts but can't really find the answers. I really hope this is the reason shes been so funny lately, The problems with her at night started about 6 weeks ago.

As some of you will know Jazz has been restless over the last few weeks, and I had wondered if it were to do with her coming in to season, had it been this, how long before her season would she have started acting oddly....  

Also how can I tell how long she will be in season and maybe how long i may have missed it before now. i know that may sound draft, but i thought i had read somewhere before when there is blood its towards the end? She is losing quite a bit, and is swollen. I do think she may have been a bit swollen for sometime, but wasn't sure for certain.  

Lastly wear can i buy the doggy pants ??

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Season Question
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 11:38:45 PM »
Hi Cathy,

It sometimes hard to spot the first signs, especially as you were on holiday. Have you asked the lady who was looking after her? She might be able to give you some indication. As to the length of the season, that just depends, if she is losing quite alot and still quite swollen then she probably hasn't been in season long, saying that though it varies so much from bitch to bitch. The average season lasts 21 days roughly, but again, could be longer or shorter  :rolleyes:  not very helpful I know  ;)
I used the "mikki" pants last time but decided to do without this season. Bitches tend to keep themselves clean anyway and I found the pants made Butty smellier  :unsure:  I used fragrance free babywipes to wipe any drips on the floor, and also to freshen up her PB's. I don't walk her when she's in season either, just play games in the house or garden.  

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Season Question
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 12:09:12 AM »

Hi Cathy

I can't help with any of your questions but Misty has a pair of Mikki Pants going free if you want them. Just PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post along with a pack of the pads. Although she didn't bleed I put them on her as a kind of chastity belt in case Jimmy jumped the barricade to get to her.  :unsure: It only took Misty 10 mins to figure out how to undo the clasp on them though. :rolleyes:  

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Season Question
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 07:18:30 AM »
I tried the pants once, but it just drove Cleo mad. She liked to keep herself clean. No more face kissing though for a little while :blink:  
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline PennyB

Season Question
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 08:21:16 AM »
I was lucky as well as Ruby kept herself really clean as well while she was in season plus I think she'd have felt pretty indignant at wearing pants LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Season Question
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 04:04:11 PM »
Thank you Colin for the Mikki pants.

Jazz does seem to wear them without a problem.  Today, when she came in from the Garden she waited for me to put them back on her !!!. The only problem i am having is the fact she wants to stick her bum as close to my face as possible and its getting really annoying...

Also she goes tot he toilet much more often, is this normal.. She has been in the house a few times as well. I am putting this down to the seaon, but am not too sure.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Season Question
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 04:24:44 PM »
Hi Cathy

I can't help with any of your questions but Misty has a pair of Mikki Pants going free if you want them. Just PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post along with a pack of the pads. Although she didn't bleed I put them on her as a kind of chastity belt in case Jimmy jumped the barricade to get to her.  :unsure: It only took Misty 10 mins to figure out how to undo the clasp on them though. :rolleyes:
eeeeeeeuuuuuuuugh

second hand knickers!!!! :o

Does Misty know!???
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Season Question
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 05:16:31 PM »
HEHE... Well For gross beings thats eat Poo, roll in Horrible Stuff. I doubt a pair of 2nd hand pants will bother her at all.

CATHY

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Season Question
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 09:35:54 PM »
The only problem i am having is the fact she wants to stick her bum as close to my face as possible and its getting really annoying...
 :lol:  :lol:

Also she goes tot he toilet much more often, is this normal.. She has been in the house a few times as well. I am putting this down to the seaon, but am not too sure.

Yes this is normal, not only will her uterus be pressing on her bladder, making her feel as if she wants to go more often, but she will also be spreading her scent, just in case any likely Romeos happen by
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline PennyB

Season Question
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 12:50:13 AM »
Ruby does this now (outside) when she senses a bitch in heat and she 'marks' the ground even though she's been spayed (so she's probably responding to other bitches marking). There was one point where I nearly took her to the vets as she went so often out on the park until someone pointed this out

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Season Question
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 11:18:43 PM »
Kimmi has just haad her first season.  Not too much mess, but we did have a problem afterwards with a touch of cystitis.  A short course of antibiotics from the vet (as recommended by Heather after my last post about this) sorted her out.

Hope your girlie soon feels better

Kimmi's mum