Author Topic: Rally-O?  (Read 869 times)

Offline sophiew

• Donator
Rally-O?
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »
Has anyone heard of Rally-O, or tried it? There was an article in Your Dog January issue, it looks like it might be quite fun - obedience type exercises, but each on is on a post and so they form a course of 'stations' where you have to do particular actions - not a great explanation, but still! I hadn't heard of it before today

Sophie
x

Offline riotous_uk

• Druidale GSDs and SWDs
Re: Rally-O?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 06:31:30 AM »
Looks like great fun. THe UK APDT are bringing into the UK. The only problem at the moment is finding a club.
Pauline
Member APDT 660
Pawsitively Dogs

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »
I have done a Rally-O course.  It wasn't 'marked' as there aren't any official competitions yet, but it was fun.  I've also been to a talk where they ran through what is expected for each of the Level 1 exercises.  Like Riotous_uk I don't know of many clubs regulalrly training rally either, but do know of a few and also of some indiviuals training for it.  You can get signs from the APDT site.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
This was mentioned a couple of times at the college last week and I hadn't a clue what it was, I thought it was some kind of race :005:  It sounds like fun although there's probably little chance of finding a club or classes offering it up here.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline sophiew

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:00:41 AM »
I'm booked onto a course for it in January, so I'll let you know! It does look good - and I think it could encourage people who think obedience is too 'stuffy' to do something else with their dog after pet dog training classes

Sophie
x