Author Topic: At The End Of My Tether  (Read 1808 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
At The End Of My Tether
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 01:53:57 PM »
I must have been so lucky with Gunnar, only once did he have fleas , I always used a flea collar on him which appeared to work and he only picked the fleas up when at mums and she took it off to bath him and didnt replace it not realising :(

I got the fleas off him no problems and then used the indorex all over the house and never had a problem afterwards. Indorex carries on working for 12 months and I just use it once a year when spring cleaning. No way will the council here come out and de-flea the house, they wont even come out for rats :(
Caroline and Alfie

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
At The End Of My Tether
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 10:42:03 AM »
I agree with Allison. I use Frontline once a month on the dogs and the cats (at my vets advice). I put one of the tiny frontline stickers on the calendar to remind me. The fleas aren't too bad here (unless the cats have been hunting bunnies) but the ticks are terrible.

Last time I Frontlined my cats I was a week late - one cat had 45 ticks round his neck (I'd been away on holiday for a week)   :o

Luckily the dogs hardly ever get ticks but then they don't roam in the neighbouring sheep fields like the cats do...  ;)  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
At The End Of My Tether
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 07:06:05 PM »
I have to give a vote of confidence to the new frontline combo for dogs - Indie remained tick free all week, while chasing grouse and diving through long grass in the highlands. Thanks goodness.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
At The End Of My Tether
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 07:22:02 PM »
Shona

Is the combo more expensive than the regular spot-on?
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Sue H

At The End Of My Tether
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 11:42:17 PM »
Dear Benji & Fiona,

We use Frontline, but as far as I can remember there is a treatment which renders flea eggs inviable - maybe Advantage I can't remember.  I see lots of good advice prior to this post anyway.

My ex-husband was stationed in Gib. years ago, and in 1998 we visited for a couple of weeks.  I absolutely loved Gibraltar - we came in April and we soooo enjoyed looking around - we did a trip to Spain ( eeeuch - Puerto Banus is so unreal !!) and went on a ferry trip over to Morocco, but it was some sort of religious festival where they chuck a lamb out of the top of a building - bit weird !

Write back and tell us how come you are in Gibralter, plus a Cocker !  Are there still the multi-coloured pigeons that fly out over the Main Street ??

I work for the Blue Cross.... perhaps I should petition for a branch in Gib. ( er, has to be good with monkeys ....??!!) (greedy little swines !!)

Lookin' forward to hearing from you -  Sue H