Author Topic: Bathing puppies  (Read 735 times)

Offline carrie84uk

Bathing puppies
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
Not sure if this should be in the puppy forum or here  :huh: but Daisy is 8 weeks nearly 9 and shes getting a bit whiffy. What i wanted to know is how often roughly should we be bathing her? And i only put her flea stuff on 2 days ago so how long shouold i wait until i bath her? Until shes due flead again?
Mummy to 4 kids, 5 guineas, 1 rabbit 18 tropical fish & 1 Cocker :)

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Re: Bathing puppies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »
We bath our Grace when ever we feel the need to she is 16 weeks now. The flea stuff if it's Frontline i think you can bath her after 48 hr
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline carrie84uk

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »
Thanks for that Ian  :D

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
We bathe ours as and when necessary and have done since 8/10 weeks. As Ian says, you should avoid bathing after Frontlining for 48 hours or longer ideally I would think. We don't bathe ours very regularly now, you just have to get used to that doggy smell around the house  :lol: You will grow to love their unique smell, I promise  :lol2:

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline carrie84uk

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »
I kind of do already  :005: but shes got all sorts on her from the garden she really does need a wash  :lol: i will bath her tomorrow

Offline maccie75

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »
Hi There Marco is 14 weeks old and we have bathed him twice since he came home at 7 weeks. He got a bit whiffy with toilet training accidents. I read lots of threads on here about what was best to bath him in as he is a solid chocolate and decided on pantene for brunettes (lol) as opposed to dog shampoos there are mixed views on how often to bathe and what in so I guess its just a case of trying it and seeing what works best for yours.

Thanks Debbie