Author Topic: Once Again...  (Read 932 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Once Again...
« on: November 02, 2004, 02:46:57 PM »
I am left feeling helpless while Chloe battles another infection.  When she had her last blood screen her white cell count was up so I sort of knew something was on the horizon :(   Anyway, last night she was up and down all the time, going out with the runs and then at about 4am she was sick.  I have just been to the vets and her temperature is 104 so she must be feeling pretty crappy.  Vet says her bum is red raw too :(  :(   What gets to me is the feeling powerless to stop it.  I hardly take her out for fear of what she may pick up so she is more or less confined to the garden and even that isn't enough.  The only thing I do insist on if it is a vet that hasn't seen Chloe is that they give her injection and not just tablets.  With having no immune system, the tablets alone aren't quick enough for her little body.  Luckily it was Randal who knows her almost as well I do.  He gave her Noroclav injection and tablets, Lectade and a Metacam injection.  Forgot to ask why the Metacam, that is the first time ever she has had that.  After a week she has to go get a white cell check.  Sorry to go on.  It is just upsetting that I can't protect her from these monthly infections and it is that 'please do something Mummy' face that rips my heart to bits.  
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Once Again...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 03:06:15 PM »
Oh Sheryl, poor you and poor little Chloe :( .  My thoughts are with you both, and I hope she's feeling much better very soon.  Keep you chin up.
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Once Again...
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 03:28:57 PM »
You two are having a bad time at the moment!! I'm sure you are doing all you can!! Not much you can do above that is there!! Keep smiling sweetie!

Clare and the gang!
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

scoobie

Once Again...
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:14:14 PM »
Sheryl so sorry to hear that your Chloe is having a rough time at the minute :( It sounds to me like your doing the best you can for her although sometimes you want to do more but it's not always possible is it..you look after yourself though kid otherwise you won't be able to give 100% to Chloe. I know when they are sick they put years on you,give her a cuddle from me and scoobie xx and I hope she gets better really soon
ps there is a recent thread on here that mentions metacam.. tobycats cocker is on it

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Once Again...
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 04:26:28 PM »
Sheryl i'm so sorry to hear about poor Chloe  :( It must be so upsetting for you,  like Edith says take care of yourself as well.  :)   Thinking of you Sheryl and i hope little Chloe improves soon.

((( hugs )))
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Once Again...
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 04:26:34 PM »
Sheryl - So sorry to hear that you and Chloe are having a tough time.

Please give her a big gentle hug for us and we will keep our fingers crossed she is feeling better soon - take care,

Sue, Georgie and Daisy xxx

Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Once Again...
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 05:04:45 PM »
Sending you cocker kisses and cuddles.
I hope that Chloe picks up soon, I can understand how you feel. Dogs dont make a fuss when they are poorly, but their little faces tell it all.
Look after yourself and Chloe.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Once Again...
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 06:47:18 PM »
Sorry to hear that Chloe's poorly :(    Give her a gentle hug from me and the boys also send cyber licks her way :wub: Hope her temperature comes down quickly so she will at least feel a little better in herself.

Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline devondumpling

• Site Member
    • www.gwbertcockerspaniels.co.uk
Once Again...
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 07:49:42 PM »
Poor Chloe, kisses from Smokey xxxx :rolleyes: Hope she feels better soon :)