Author Topic: Lump On The Lip  (Read 701 times)

Offline katy76

• Site Member
Lump On The Lip
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:58:13 PM »
Hi im new here and was jst wondering if anyone knows about facial lumps, my 18 month old cocker bitch has one on her bottom lip which seems to have increased in size since i noticed it 2 weeks ago, I took here to the vets but they just said come back if it grows anymore and they would do a biopsy. Im worried????

any thoughts would be gratefully received thanks

baileys mum

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Lump On The Lip
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:12:51 PM »
When you say a lump - is it one under the skin or more like a sore on the top of the skin.
One of my girls suffers every so often with 'sores' under her chin - the last lot she had had one that grew quite big within a couple of days - she gets treated with antibiotic tablets which clears it up quite quickly.  Haven't found any particular cause for them appearing but do keep a close eye on her as they can come on very quickly.
Have now resorted to using creams as she runs and hides when she hears the rattle of the bottle :D  
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline katy76

• Site Member
Lump On The Lip
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
Hi

its under the skin, a pink bump about the size of a pea. its really hard to find info on the net as all lumps indicate cancer on net.  :o

Offline PennyB

Lump On The Lip
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 11:00:10 PM »
It could be a histiocytoma which in the main are benign and very common. Did your vet mention what it might be. If anything begins increasing in size then its worth getting a biopsy done.

Fine needle biopsies are very straightforward and can be done under sedation. If it is a histiocytoma then the process of the biopsy in most cases will then stimulate the immune system to destroy the lump.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!