Author Topic: Pancreatitis  (Read 966 times)

scoobie

Pancreatitis
« on: November 10, 2004, 10:17:43 AM »
A few weeks ago I took Scoobie to the vet suspecting something was wrong because he was (and still is eating a lot and pooing excessive amounts) the vet took bloods and we have just got the results back and as we suspected he has got EPI so we are going to the vets to discuss adding an enzyme to his food (the pancreas normally produces these enzymes but for scoobie it isn't) his food will now have to be  highly digestible  not sure yet which one.. I feel so sorry for scoobie because he hasn't been well and has been getting us up several times during the night so he must be feeling pretty lousy at least we can now get him back onto the road to recovery ;)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Pancreatitis
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 10:34:20 AM »
Edith, I am so pleased that the results have come back as anticipated and that at least something can be done for poor Scoobie.  It must have been awful for him.

Does this mean that you will have to change his diet?

Lots of Cocker love and kisses for him.

Louise
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Pancreatitis
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 10:42:11 AM »
Poor Scoobie :(  I know a few GSD's with EPI and once they started on the treatment, they improved a lot so fingers crossed Scoobie will be feeling better in no time.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

scoobie

Pancreatitis
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 10:42:15 AM »
Loiuse
Unfortunately yes i will have to change his diet so it's bye bye chicken wings :( scoobie loves his natural diet as your lovely Piper does but I really don't think he can digest it in fact I know he isn't because hes so thin so we will have to find something that wont aggravate his digestive system and more importantly something that can help him to absorb all the yummy goodness needed for optimum health
thanks for cocker xxx will give him a hug from Piper

scoobie

Pancreatitis
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 10:45:15 AM »
Gill thanks that sounds very hopeful ;)  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Pancreatitis
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 04:42:55 PM »
Poor little Scoobie - at least now you have a diagnosis you can adjust his diet accordingly.  Here's hoping he picks up very soon.

Lots of cocker cuddles from us xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

scoobie

Pancreatitis
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 04:56:11 PM »
thanks Sue will pass on cocker cuddles to scoobie x ;)  

Penel

Pancreatitis
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 07:07:08 PM »
I hope nobody minds me commenting - the title attracted me as Saffy had pancreatitis twice - but EPI and Pancreatitis are very different things.

Exocrine Pancreatis Insufficiency is when the pancreas is not producing enough pancreatic enzymes. This can be corrected by diet and adding enzymes.

Pancreatitis literally means inflammation of the pancreas and this can be fatal and has to dealt with immediately if your dog has it.  Symptoms are very different to EPI.