Author Topic: Charlie-spud - Hip Dysplasia  (Read 4425 times)

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Charlie-spud - Hip Dysplasia
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2004, 06:33:13 PM »
Taliska and Jurra both send there licks and tail wags to Charlie Spud, and there thinking of Frisbee too, hope all goes well, all our best wishes for a speedy recovery..
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline T

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2004, 10:40:10 PM »
Charlie-Spud 'ere

I see me mom has been blarting out me troubles........well dont worry about me coz I'm feelin all the love from all my online cocker friends especially all those hugs and kisses

I have a fab vet, she grate.......she even say I should go swimmin  more often.  I luv swimmin.  I chuck myself in as soon as i get there.  I have to fetch a special toy and then swim around the pool in different directions.  The water is nice and warm.  The only problem is that I have to get out to have one of those shower things.....pah I dont like the shower.  I always wait like a good boy just long enough that me mom thinks I will stay where I am and then as she looks away  I trott off and go for another quick swim in the pool  :D Well I ask ya, why waste time waiting for the shower when I can be in the nice warm water.  Mom isnt too impressed by this :angry:  but I give her my "I'm not very well eyes!!" and everything is fine again. ;)

I'm gonna be the cleanest dog in the East Midlands once my action plan kicks in.....(I thought they said action man at first!!!!)I'm gonna have muscles like Arnie or that Rambo geeza. They already calling me GI Spud  :D I had all me hair cut off, had to have it trimmed really short but that's okay I like the smooth look as I get lots more fuss when out on walks

I gotta go for walks on lead now but thats not too bad as I am knackered after me swimmin. Dont think I could walk anymore than the 15mins sessions each time.

Anyway, I'll get me mom to keep ya all updated on me progress I gotta go now for a quick power nap.

Thanks for all your good wishes especially all the hugs and kisses.

The name's Spud......Charlie-Spud.
Woof woof woof

Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2004, 11:45:45 PM »
Hiya Charlie Spud  :P
Do me a favour matey, and tell Tina & Maggie that I think they are just bl**dy marvellous they way they've kept their sense of humour.
You are a very lucky boy indeed to have such caring owners.
Be nice to Frisbee as he might have to follow your lead, so set a good example..... okay :wub: x x

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2004, 11:48:45 PM »
 ;) 
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2004, 08:44:31 AM »
Hi Charlie Spud, i'm realy jealous that i can'tgo in that lovely warm water and swim with you,  the streams here are fffreezing!! and i don't get to have a lovely shower like you, all i get is a rub down with a towel  after ive been walked in the teaming rain, thing is i know i'm a lab, but i hate the rain  :(
I'm sending you loads of big licks and sloppy kisses, and can't wait till you give us your next update  luv Nell :wub:  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2004, 09:48:46 AM »
Charlie-Spud you is as mad as yer Mum :lol:  Great to see you all coping so well ;)

Hugs and kisses

Mary & Lottie
Mary & Lottie x

Offline taniac

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2004, 11:46:12 AM »
Dear Charlie-Spud,

You just take care of yourself, and try and do as your mummy says, as she's trying to get you better... The swimming sounds lovely, I know my boy Neo would love to join you in there!!!

Sending you lots of love, hugs and slobbery cocker kisses! I hope Frisbee will be okay too.

Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline T

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2004, 04:39:50 PM »
Allo Spud ere.....

I just been for anover swim.......it grate..... the warta so warm and clean....its grate.  

I heard the woman say that you can ave as many dogs as you like in the fun swim for the same cost as one dog.  So i reckon as I not aloud to go for my long walks in the country park where I meet all my cocker online mates.  We should arrange a fun swim for all the COL doggies.  

How cool wood that be.  :) yew all welcome.....yewd lub it Nell and dont worry belleee  i'll show yew how to chuck yourself in and splash around.

The only probalem is the showerey fing afterwards but the woman stops if I make lots of noise.  I make out she trying to "kill me" and me mom says i sound like a whaling bansheeeeeeee.  Cheek should hear sum of the music she listens to and then complains about the noise I make! I dont sound anyfink like that Suzey and the Banshees! he he he:P  

Anyway I gotta go coz mum coming back......keep ya posted on the pool thing....me check next time how many they allow in at a time.  Imagine peoples face when they see loads of us splashing around in the pool.  :D

Gotta go, mum back.
Charlie-Spud 'ere, oh and this little fella Frisbee!

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2004, 06:17:41 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Charlie Spud, what an excellent idea to have a Cocker meet in a pool !!!

If we could arrange it in December some time Piper would love to come.

Piper's swimming tomorrow - she loves it but no throwing herself in off the sides for my girl - she carefully walks down the steps  :rolleyes:

Have you taught Frisbee to swim yet?
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2004, 10:44:01 PM »
Hello Charlie Spud, I'm glad you're feeling well enough to keep us updated on your progress.  Dillon & Bess have both gone to bed or they would be typing this instead, but before they went to sleep they asked me to send you lots of love & licks from both of them (well, Dillon said it was a bit soppy but if it would help you feel better, he would send licks to you).

I think the lady at the doggy swimming pool was only half serious when she said you could take your doggy friends.  I think she'd have a fit if 15 cockers (& a labrador) were to turn up with you for your next session.  It was a nice thought though  :lol:

Anyway, I'm off to join Dillon & Bess in bed now, so night night Charlie Spud, sleep well & keep on getting better.

Love to little Frisbee too :wub:

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2004, 10:54:48 PM »
Hi Charlie Spud

Scully wants to send you a big bedtime lick and says sleep well tonight. Your mum is going to take such good care of you, don't you worry about a thing  :)

http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2004, 12:31:07 PM »
T and M

it's completely different reading posts like these when you have met the dog and the owners.

I agree, when you've met those involved, it is different.
Hope it all works well.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2004, 01:06:33 PM »
I'm thinking of setting up a website relating to cockers with hip dysplasia. A lot of breeders don't think its a problem in the breed but I have come across quite a few now and am interested to compare family lines.

I wonder what anyone thinks about this idea?
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2004, 01:19:15 PM »
I think it is a great idea - the more information that is available to potential cocker owners the better.

You might meet some resistance if you publish names of carrier and affected dogs; and also, it might cause worry to those owners who have already got a cocker from the affected lines unknowingly  - I remember my panic when I found out that one of Molo's ancestors (several generations back) carried PRA  :(  It took some in-depth family tree plotting to determine that he is not likely to be affected himself  :rolleyes:

On the whole, it would win my support; especially as it  will raise the profile of hip displasia amongst owners and breeders; and might lead to greater testing for this condition by breeders.

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2004, 04:36:48 PM »
I'm thinking of setting up a website relating to cockers with hip dysplasia.
Good idea in theory if you limited it to information & advice about the condition but you would have to tread very carefully regarding publishing of details concerning pedigrees etc & would probably need to get legal advice before doing so. Some Cocker websites already contain names & pedigrees of dogs affected with hereditary conditions but only where the details are already in the public domain eg via published hip scores, eye test results, FN cases under the Cocker Club control scheme etc.

Jane
Jane