Author Topic: Dog Eczema  (Read 654 times)

Offline Stephen L

• Site Member
Dog Eczema
« on: November 16, 2004, 10:03:38 AM »
My brother's westie has contracted a form of dog eczema. I am wondering if it is can be transferred by contact between dogs. Spruce usually sees Angus a least once a week for a few hours. Spruce has developed a few nipple type spots near his genital area on his stomach, which over the last couple of days he has started to lick himself as if he is cleaning himself. Should I take Spruce to the vets to see if he has an allergy or eczema or am I just overeacting following Angus's problem.

Any comments greatly appreciated.
Why does my cocker lick my ears?
Don't know, is it because I shout here boy?

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Dog Eczema
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:26:02 AM »
How old is Spruce?  Jovi used to get these when he was a young puppy, they were like spots.  I kept an eye on them but they cleared up by themselves, and he seemed to grow out of them pretty quickly (wonder if it was as he got more hair).
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Dog Eczema
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:29:06 AM »
I don't know about contact spreading this but Scully did used to get it when she was about 1 year old. we had a wash from the vet which helped to clear it up pretty fast and then again when she had further outbreaks in the future.
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Stephen L

• Site Member
Dog Eczema
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 10:34:14 AM »
Spruce is 15 months old, but we have had him only a few months so to us his hair has always been the same.

Why does my cocker lick my ears?
Don't know, is it because I shout here boy?