Author Topic: Itchy Daisy!  (Read 866 times)

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
Itchy Daisy!
« on: November 18, 2004, 10:32:33 AM »
Hi all,

Just a question on my poor itchy puppy!! She gets de-flea'd and wormed regularly (the last time for both being last Saturday) I got Dontral for wormer and can't remember the de-flea'er but it was a 'break the cycle' one ...

Anyway ... Daisy is really itching!  :angry:  Its mainly her back and back legs but last night she woke us up by thumping the floor with her legs when she was scratching! I've felt her all over for lumps (poss ticks) and she hasn't got flaky skin??

Shes being fed Burns and only has 'good' treats so I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Any advice would be much appreciated     :)  
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Itchy Daisy!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 12:34:03 PM »
Is she too warm??

Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Itchy Daisy!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 12:52:48 PM »
I have heard that Burns can be lacking in oil? Mine are fed on it but I also add Evening primrose oil.  Clare could be onto something as well with the Central Heating? My two go and lie in the kitchen when to hot as the floor is always cool.

Michelle

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
Itchy Daisy!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 05:01:28 PM »
Has she got any warts?  It's normally older dogs who get warts, but maybe puppies can get them too?  My old girl (who's nearly 13) has a lot of warts & occasionally they itch like mad & she's like Thumper the Disney rabbit scratching & banging her back leg on the floor.  The vet refuses to remove them because of her age (it's too dangerous to anaesthatise an elderly dog apparently), but if a youngster had warts, they could probably be removed.  

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Itchy Daisy!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 07:15:32 PM »
Used anything different recently? Fabric softener? Different washing powder, glade plug ins?

I second the oil idea, olive oil is a good one too, I'd try eliminating stuff before going any drug route.

Water bowls on the radiators maybe too?

Shona x
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)