Author Topic: Begging For Food  (Read 1789 times)

scoobie

Begging For Food
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 10:42:07 PM »
Cathy
I do sympathise with you honest ;) and I know how annoying it is but she does sound hungry not saying you don't feed her enough but scoobie was like this when I fed him Burns a while ago.. he used to cry and scav it drove me nuts I would do what suki suggested or think about another food but if you do need to change I would do it gradual otherwise you will cause upset tum
Keep us posted

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Begging For Food
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 11:56:02 AM »
When I compared Burns to the JWB that I am currently using I noticed that the percentage of protein was lower, which I think it why it helps keep the weight of dogs.  Maybe Jazz isnt' getting enough protein? Is she very active? Maybe if she had a little more in her diet she might leave you alone... Although she could be just a piggy!!!  ;)  
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Begging For Food
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 08:07:50 PM »
I have gone on to death about Jazz and her greediness, ans being concerned about how skinny she is. She still only weighs 7kgs. I didn't want to change fronm burns, but have now made the decision I will, as from what i can tell, from the measurments she will get twice the amount of food.

However even saying this, she had been known to gorge herself on food, and still search for more food, so not too positive about this idea. I will give it a try.

Tonight I had to put her in the back garden. whilst we ate.  

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Begging For Food
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2004, 07:15:56 PM »
Miss Piggy, has been on JWB now for 2 days. I am amazed at the fact she seems to have more than double the amount of food in her bowl at brekki and dinner. She eats it in almost the same amount of time.

As soon as she has eaten her food shes scavrnging around the bin and in the kitchen of any left overs.

10 mins ago she was laying on her back with an enourmous pot belly snoring, her belly looks like its got a football inside. I just got up to get a biscuit and guess what, she was climbing all over me trying to get it.

I swear she doesn't have any room in her belly.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Begging For Food
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2004, 09:55:20 AM »
This is probably obviously, and you have probably done it but anyway .. has she been wormed lately ?

Millie was very skinny on Burns and JWB, I swapped onto Nutro when we got Jenni she liked it and seems to put a bit more weight on... but have since swapped onto Autarky, I think tthats right I can't remember the name  :D but we get it from CostCo!
Millie has always been a 'begger', but then we have always eaten tea/dinner on our knees infront of the telly - our dinner at Millie eye-level!
She's never given anything off our plates though, if theres anything left that she can have its given to her in the kitchen or mushed up in her dinner - the same weith Jenni.

The thing with Millie though is she never eats her dinner... she's very fussy over dog food. At the moment they are getting Autarky and half a pouch of pedigree - she tends to eats the pedigree around the biscuit and then go back for the biscuit later.

Anyway, I was just posting to say you're not alone with begging, starving cockers!  :D  :D Our 2 will 'go lie down' when told but they still watch you!  :ph34r: I think my dad has compounded the situation because he's been here a lot recently putting in our new bathroom and he always gives them tit bits, off his plate or whatever, so they've gotten into a worse habit now, Jenni never really used to bother, but she does now .. I can't moan at him too much though, he's done the work for a great price!!  :D  
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Begging For Food
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2004, 10:13:56 AM »
Oh, Cathy, I have to admit to having a little giggle whilst reading your posts  :ph34r:   But this is only because I encounter pretty much the same thing here with Piper - the difference being that Piper is a bit on the porky side  :rolleyes:

I cannot offer any advice because I cannot correct Piper's greediness myself, but good luck and I certainly know how you feel  :)  
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Begging For Food
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2004, 12:01:45 PM »
Hi There

Jessie is a greedy guts too....she doesnt jump up and take food (she knows her life wouldn't be worht living if she did!!  :D ) but she does come and look at your tray to see what you've got...and she then proceds to give you the sad hungry face!

Anyway she was getting a bit round on Nutro adult so we have swapped her to half her food Nutro Lite and other half Nutro adult.  :)

This means the calories she is getting is less but actually the amount is more in her bowl. She doesn't appear to have noticed this difference...has shed the extra pounds almost and best of all is wayyy less interested in our food  :lol:

Cheers Janey