Author Topic: Shocked and saddened  (Read 2504 times)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Shocked and saddened
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 04:41:51 PM »
You say your daughter wanted the dog and pestered you for 5 or 6 years?
I don't know how old she is but I would suggest she has Freddie in her room all night.
You say she isn't keen, but I wouldn't give her the choice  ;)
Remind her that it was SHE who wanted the dog and she has to take some of the responsibility for it.
After I lost  my GSP Max, my youngest nagged me for another dog and eventually I got my two (I am writing 'my' two as she soon lost interest and it is me who does everything for them).  Don't get me wrong, I adore my two girls but I insisted that they be in her room at night.
I have fabric crates for them which look a little more attractive than the metal ones and they can be folded down very quickly and shuffed under the bed when she has friends over in her room.
The intention was that my daughter fold the crates flat each morning but she can't even be bothered with that now  >:(
I have given you a link to show what they look like but they are sold widely  ;)
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1311&_nkw=soft+dog+crate&_sacat=See-All-Categories
(I probably come across as a horrid mother and my teenage daughter would agree)  :005: :005:

Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Bebbz

Re: Shocked and saddened
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
Milo who is 4 months old was waking at 5 when it got light, thinking he needed a wee I was coming down and then going on the setee with him till 7 which worked ok. but the other night I covered most of the front of his cage as well as the sides, making sure there was a gap for air to circulate. He now is sleeping until 7-8 every morning  :D
Mia and Milo