Author Topic: I'm a newbie!  (Read 3176 times)

Offline I love cockers

Re: I'm a newbie!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
Hi - are you sure you are not giving him too much to eat?

Offline seaangler

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
Bakers is probably one of the worst puppy foods out there but also one of the most widely available so understandably a lot of owners use it and while some dogs will be fine on it, others are not - the quality of ingredients is quite poor (very little real meat content) and it also contains artificial colours & preservatives. I would investigate better quality complete foods as you will probably see a huge improvement in your pup's "output" once you find a food that suits him. You'll find lots of recommendations for good complete brands if you have a read of this board :D

As Jane s says it is very widely use...(Not to put a finer point Cheap)Contains feet and feathers and very poor value...Some dogs can get on with it were others dont..As Jane says(investigate better quality complete foods)...
Are Peggy(C/S) is on James welbeloved  and we have had no problem with Her (Phoo's)From puppy to adult...

Cindy the G/R had the same proplem as you  from a pup her phoos was very runny(not al the time but most)She was also on James welbeloved, so we tride other compleate foods until we found the wright one and she put on waight...(Not for the lack of exsersize)Now shes on a vetenary diet to keep her waight down(cant win)...Its very exspencive but it (works)She is fed twice a day 127 grams in the morning and again at night...With vegtables..(Please note this is only for dogs who put waight on)Her phoos now are solid(that solid that it falls apart ware its so dry) as the body is takeing out all the nutrisan with out makeing her put waight on (she is now down to her correct waight of 33 kilos)...

We buy (cinys food)from this web site and have it delivered...  http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/products.asp?sort=&sc=royal%20canin&start=3&mode=

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
Hi Barb, I've found out that Alfie also has a bacterial infecton he has been on chicken and rice for five days now and got a call from the vets this morning confirming infection.  He has antibiotics for the next 10 days so hoping for some firm poos now! I am planning to put him back on James wellbeloved gradually after today.