Author Topic: Wetting The Bed!  (Read 783 times)

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Wetting The Bed!
« on: December 07, 2004, 10:39:10 PM »
I have a two year old entire bitch.  She is fully housetrained.  Recently she has began weeing on her bed.  I can let her out and she will go outside, let her back in and a few moments later she will squat on one of their fleeces! <_<

She has only recently started doing this. Her routine hasn't been changed and she doesn't have a urinary ifection because i have tested her urine.

Any ideas on getting her out of this habit!

I don't really want to cage her cause she isn't that keen on going in a cage and she is only just getting used to it at shows.

(Sorry think this should have gone in behaviour section. oops!)
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Wetting The Bed!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 09:37:03 AM »
I don't have any advice, but just to let you know that my 6 month old labrador went through a stage of doing this...he would go outside and then come in and straight away wee on his vetbed. I always thought that whatever a dog did he would try not to soil his sleeping area  :rolleyes: How wrong was I!!  :lol:

However we worked hard to teach him where we did want him to go (we use clicker training) and he got the hang of it in a matter of days.  

Good luck! I know it can be hard to break a bad habit  :(  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Wetting The Bed!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 11:38:45 AM »
I have a 2 year old bitch that does this usually for about 6 weeks before her season starts, then it stops again until her next season is due.

I seem to be changing and washing dog bedding constantly!!  :unsure:  

Offline Louie

• Limited Member
    • http://www.dreamistcockerspaniels.co.uk
Wetting The Bed!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 11:59:06 AM »
I was going to say exactly the same as Sharon, our Holly does this when she is about ready for her season.  :huh:  

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Wetting The Bed!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 01:57:32 PM »
I was going to say exactly the same as Sharon, our Holly does this when she is about ready for her season

Mmm...I wonder what excuse Oscar could give then..... :lol:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Sue H

Wetting The Bed!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 07:44:49 PM »
If she's anything like me (!) I need to go about every two hours just before I 'come on' - maybe you could make an effort to take her out a bit later and let her out a bit earlier - or put a bit of paper by the door if that's not practicable ....

They usually hate doing their jobs inside once they are toilet trained, and I have found with my un-neutered bitch that the only time she gets caught short is just before she is in season ...

Becuase I now have 2 (Bramble is now 2 yrs old) she thinks she can get away with blaming it on him, but unfortunately for her, we can tell their poos apart (don't ask me to describe, but we just can) so ....

However, if we walk in on a 'little surprise' of whatever consistency, we don't fret and fuss - we just clean it up and say Oh Dear, Never Mind ... Gosh, What Ever Happened Here ???

Unless there is something else underlying, I would suggest that she either didn't do her toilet in the evening or the morning; was left for too long after that; just got caught out;  or has found a nice place to toilet and isn't having enough reinforcement about being 'good' outside.  Displeasure can go quite a long way, but not nearly as far as praise, so do start again from the beginning and tell her how good she is for being 'quick' or 'tiddly' or 'jobby' or whatever key-words you use ...

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Wetting The Bed!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 08:10:22 PM »
Glad i don't seem to be the only one with a 'difficult' dog.

She does always get praised when she goes toilet outside and will go outside on command.  It is only ever wees she does on her bed. She sometimes does it even if the door is open.  They do have a dog flap aswell whih they can go out if they need to.  It doesn't seem to be that she needs to go, just that she does it anyway! :rolleyes:

She never gets told off when she does it, but unlike my other dogs she doesn't look sheepish when she has done it, just looks very pleased with herself!  What a clever little girl!
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie