Author Topic: Help Male Weeing Inside House  (Read 2490 times)

Offline tterrii

• Site Member
Help Male Weeing Inside House
« on: December 09, 2004, 04:45:54 PM »
hello, can anyone offer me any advise, i have a 5 year old male , who has started to wee inside my house. even when the back door is open.can any one offer me any advise. :(  

Offline tterrii

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 04:50:16 PM »
also i had forgot to mention, he is in love with my other male, and groans  and barks at him. plus i have another male, both of these are younger than him, plus i have two females. and one of these is approaching her 2nd season, but we did'nt have this problem before. don't know if this has anything to do with the way my older cocker is behaveing.??????????
help greatley appriciated.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 05:26:35 PM »
Oooh I can sympathise with that ;)  My two year old entire boy has cocked his leg twice in the house in the past couple of weeks :angry:  One was at the area where the pup had done a pee and I had gone to get the mop out, and the second was up my wardrobe door :o  He has had a phase in the past of peeing on my bed but that just stopped of its own accord :unsure: Little git :P  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 11:51:42 PM »
I take it he is entire? In my opinion it sounds like he is scent marking his territory ready for the girlies coming into season. Members with stud dogs might be able to help more, but it sounds like raging hormones to me. Of course if he is not entire he may still show these signs.

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 09:54:07 AM »
Our cat (changing the subject slightly) tried to scent mark the bin in the kitchen. My mum put her toe up his bum (as in booted him out) and he never did it again! :lol:  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 10:21:32 AM »
Len dose this when another dog as been in my house. I've got wooden floors so it's not to bad. Last week i saw him doing it and said NO, fingers crossed he has not done it again. ;)      
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 12:07:41 PM »
Hi,
I think Jack's scent marked the sofa a couple of times - very small amount.
It certainly wasn't the rest of us! :blink:  
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Sue H

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 07:35:33 PM »
Dear tterrii,

sounds as though you have three entire males and two un-neutered females - are you hoping to breed or have you just not got around to neutering any of them??!!

All canids, especially un-neutered ones, are very territorial, and when there is more than one male, there is a constant battle going on for supremacy (even low-key).  Scent marking (and then over-marking) is common, and when it starts within the house you will have a problem !!

Offline tterrii

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 05:17:58 PM »
hi to everyone.and thank you for my replies.
the answer to your question is yes all my males are un neutered as well as my females.
i thought that may be the reason, "scent marking."

and yes i will be breeding with them.
have a great breeder to help me and i have given it plenty of thought, and had all relevent health checks on their eyes done.plus i'm reg with the kc ands have an affix.
so all being well next year i should have my first litter.

and thats why my older dog has been like this, as my bitch is do in season in 9 days time.
but thanks for all your replies.

and merry xmas to you all.
best wishes
terri :rolleyes:  

Offline taniac

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 04:21:56 PM »
Len dose this when another dog as been in my house. I've got wooden floors so it's not to bad. Last week i saw him doing it and said NO, fingers crossed he has not done it again. 

I have 2 entire males, and Neo the mature one of the 2 does this to (well he does if it's a male dog, not sure how he'd be with females).  He did it in someone elses house who'd got an entire male cocker and was mortified!  The one time I took him with me to Pets At Home he did it then as well up the corner of a shelf!  :blink:

So far we don't have problems between the boys in the house (although I've had some marking over Jovi's accidents which has stopped now the accidents appear to be over), and I'm hoping that we don't have any other issues.  If so it's off to the vets with a couple of bricks  :D  

Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 12:17:15 AM »
Our new rescue Jack has wee-ed in our house (and my cousins) a lot in the past few days - twice last Sunday alone :o
The place he likes to lie on in the hall is also taking on a stale urine kind of smell.
We've had him about 6 weeks now - do people think this is part of settling in :( ie scent marking his new place? Mostly they are big wee's even though he has just been out for a run etc.
He also often has a wet patch of fur by his willy. As we've not had a boy cocker before I wonder do other boys leak? He's about 8 years we think.
He was castrated a long time ago - again the vet thinks.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 01:57:31 PM »

When Misty was in season Jimmy did a massive wee on the carpet - his first since he was about 10 weeks old. It wasn't deliberate though, he just stood there bewildered by what was happening, he seemed unable to control himself, looking at me helplessly. :(

He has done it in Pets At Home though - twice. :ph34r: That was deliberate marking over other dogs' wee. The shop fittings in there are all stained and rusty (especially the ID tag machine) - the staff must have a great time mopping up wee all day. :D  

Sue H

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 08:32:31 PM »
Sorry, but I find it a bit baffling that someone who considers themselves qualified to breed, and has several different-sex Cockers all in the home together, could possibly need information about why they are scent-marking???

I have owned dogs for a lot of years, but still know that there is an awful lot to learn, and would not take on breeding or even letting my bitch have pups unless I was an awful lot more experienced ...

It seems as though there are people (and I am not having a go at anyone personally, believe me) who think that breeding is the quick and easy way to making money, but there are so many pitfalls ...

If you have no experience, please don't put your dogs at risk and breed unwanted puppies ........

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 08:49:05 PM »
It seems as though there are people (and I am not having a go at anyone personally, believe me) who think that breeding is the quick and easy way to making money, but there are so many pitfalls ...

If you have no experience, please don't put your dogs at risk and breed unwanted puppies ........
I don't disagree with the sentiment at all, but why would the pups be unwanted? Do most breeders have homes lined up for a litter before the bitch is mated? That certainly wasn't our experience when we found Molo.......
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline tterrii

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 09:19:23 AM »
this was really to sue h. sorry, but i disagree. i do have very good knowledge of the cocker, but like i have said i'm starting out, and i did think it was scent marking, but nice to hear from people if they have experienced this, as in most books it does not mention two males getting it on. so hence why i turned to col.
but most breeders are new when they start out, and i'm sure there knowledge is the same, and your knowledge can only grow with time.
i'm not going into breeding to make money as you refered to, but to improve the breed, and have the fulfilment in raising my cocker puppies, and will have no more than 2 litters ayear.
and felt most upset by your comement, but hey every breeder has to start somwhere.