Author Topic: Barney Moping Around  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Barney

• Site Member
  • need fringe trim
Barney Moping Around
« on: December 18, 2004, 09:54:59 AM »
Hi All

I am slightly concerened about Barney. Seriously its like worrying about a baby - its none stop!! :rolleyes:

He is sleeping a lot more and generally moping around! His behaviour pattern has changed - he used to be really hyped up: going crazy at postman; going crazy for food; always trotting around house; not sleeping that much.....

well - he's not doing much of that anymore :huh:  :huh: ??? Nothing has changed that much here - he gets lots of walks and  he does still love that - and goes mental when we prepare to go out but its just round the house... the amount of naps he has is incredible.

We went to vet a couple of weeks ago for annual booster and he had urine checked etc etc and all clear???

Is he pining for something ??

am worried!! :unsure:

thanks

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Barney Moping Around
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 06:13:23 PM »

If the vet has given him the all clear health-wise maybe it's just a case of Barney settling down and becoming an adult. Jimmy became a lot less active in the home once he reached roughly 18 months, saving his energy primarily for walks where he is just as active as ever. He's just turned 3 now and sleeps nearly all day. I have to tip him out his bed if I want to take him out for a walk before 9 in the morning. :D

Another reason could be if you've changed his food recently - some dogs tend to get a bit hyper on foods like Bakers, Eukanuba, Pedigree and Iams because of the additives they contain. When I moved Jimmy from foods like these to JWB and Naturediet I noticed an almost instant change, he stopped charging about the house like a lunatic all the time.  

Offline Barney

• Site Member
  • need fringe trim
Barney Moping Around
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 07:53:44 PM »
thanks colin.

Maybe your right..! He was neutered in September.... we haven't changed his food. He's been on Burns for a long time. Barney is 15 months now.

The thing is - he hasn't actually eaten all day - which is sooo unlike him :unsure: . I am also ill at the moment with fluey type symptoms ... maybe its phycosematic (sorry can't spell)????

Just going to try him on rice and chicken...hopefully that will work.

thanks! :)  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Barney Moping Around
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 05:41:35 PM »
:( Aw sorry to hear Barney is not his normal self - hope he perks up soon.  Cocker cuddles from us x  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Sue H

Barney Moping Around
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 08:53:05 PM »
Do tell us how Barney is - it is always worrying when they are under the weather ...

I do think that they can sympathise with us - if I have been feeling horrible and full of cold I know my two just spend the whole day on the bed with me - they sometimes rouse up and give me a quick kiss or ask to go out, but then we all collapse again ....  Who needs hot water bottles ??