Author Topic: Many Tears: Virtue (could be homed with Valentino)  (Read 6063 times)

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Many Tears: Virtue (could be homed with Valentino)
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:51:41 PM »

:luv: :luv: :luv:

31-12-10 Virtue (Vicky to us)  is a 7 year old ex breeding cocker who was originally adopted 9 months ago together with Valentino. They have unfortunately been returned through no fault of their own. Vicky is blind in one eye but this does not stop her doing anything so please do not let this put you off adopting this gorgeous girl. She has adjusted well to pet life and loves her home comforts. She enjoys going for walks but is not 100% trustworthy when off lead. Virtue has a fantastic nature and temperament which I can not fault. She is excellent with children of all ages having lived previously with them and currently living with my 5,3 and 2 year olds, whom she is very gentle with. She lived with cats in her last house but did initially chase them so she might do this with new ones.
      Virtue loves other dogs especially to curl up next too. She is housetrained and will stand in front of the door or start to pace when she needs to go out. She loves cuddles and wants lots of love! She will need a secure garden because if there is a way out she will find it and go off and explore! She is overweight at the moment so is on a strict diet and having lots of exercise. If not rehomed with Valentino, she will definitely need a gentle doggy friend who will happily let her curl up with and sleep beside as she does this with Valentino and my cockers. She would love her family to be around most of the time for love and cuddles. She is a pleasure to foster and her new family will be very lucky to have her in their lives.

Being fostered in Glenrothes, Fife.
 IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING THIS DOG:
 Please read our adoption procedures before applying and complete the Adoption Form. You will be contacted within 24 hours. If successful you will be home checked and you and all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog.  All our dogs are micro-chipped, had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. We ask for a donation only for this dog.  
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline gorgeouspoppy

Re: VIRTUE COULD BE HOMED WITH VALENTINO Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
Virtue is being fostered by me and is a fantastic girl  :luv:  She isn't too happy about the diet but she weighs in at over 18kgs at the moment and looks very tubby.  She loves all the walks though  :D  They were returned because their new familys circumstances changed and they weren't being walked so found a way to escape on a few occasions!

It would be nice for them to stay together but they can be homed seperately.  They will happily curl up to any of my 3 and ignore each other then go for a cuddle with each other  :005:

xx
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline Bev G

• Koko and Pippa
Re: Many Tears: Virtue (could be homed with Valentino)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
She is beautiful! We are just 5 mins from you and Im so tempted but we already have a cocker and an old papillion and 'him indoors' would kill me if I turned up with 2 dogs as I know I couldnt leave Valentino. Good luck rehoming her, Im sure she will find a loving home very soon

Offline ben and rosie

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »
they are both gorgeous- know that they will be happy with you Jo but hope they find a home and together very soon

love and cocker hugs

xx

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »
I've asked Jo if she would like to add a wee note and this is what I got: Tweedle dum and Tweedle Dee are still looking for their Forever homes.  :005: :wasntme: :rofl1:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 05:42:49 PM »

Vicky is still looking (as is Tino) for her new home  :luv:

She has settled in really well.  Her blindness in her right eye does not stop her doing anything at all.  She is beginning to loose her extra weight and loves to run after toys with Misty.  She has destroyed a few dog beds since being here but we are working on this!  She is very gentle and just loves cuddles.  She has a narrowed ear canal from all the untreated ear infections from when she was in the puppy farm so she needs them cleaned t daily and daily drops in them so wax does not build up and cause any problems.  She does not have to be homed with Tino as they do not rely upon each other but she will need another friendly dog for company.

She might do a few little wee's to scent in her new house at first (she doesn't here!) as when she and Tino went to visit their old foster mum and dad (Kirstyb) yesterday they both did a few to keep Kirsty busy  :005:

xx

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »
 :005: So nice that Vicky remembered her last foster mummy and made sure she left a reminder  :luv:  She is looking good Jo, running after Misty would definitely take off a few pounds  :lol2:

Offline grracee

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
Wow, she is looking fab! Hope she finds her new forever home soon :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »

Vicky is still looking (as is Tino) for her new home  :luv:

She has settled in really well.  Her blindness in her right eye does not stop her doing anything at all.  She is beginning to loose her extra weight and loves to run after toys with Misty.  She has destroyed a few dog beds since being here but we are working on this!  She is very gentle and just loves cuddles.  She has a narrowed ear canal from all the untreated ear infections from when she was in the puppy farm so she needs them cleaned t daily and daily drops in them so wax does not build up and cause any problems.  She does not have to be homed with Tino as they do not rely upon each other but she will need another friendly dog for company.

She might do a few little wee's to scent in her new house at first (she doesn't here!) as when she and Tino went to visit their old foster mum and dad (Kirstyb) yesterday they both did a few to keep Kirsty busy  :005:

xx
Hey, less of the old!  :005:

It was wonderful having them and you over for a cuppa.  :D
Virtue was dream. I can't believe how she's come on. Her coat is sooo soft  :luv: And her blindness (in one eye) didn't hold her back. And again, she could def go by herself if someone didn't want to take on both herself and 'Tino.

Can't wait to see them again next week. I wonder if I'll have to run after them like last time they were there last year when we had them  :005:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline Bev G

• Koko and Pippa
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 08:39:19 PM »
Looking forward to meeting Virtue and Tino at the COL meet on Sunday. She looks a totally different dog to the first pictures

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 01:55:42 PM »
My foster girl Vicky (Virtue) is also still sitting here waiting for her own family.  She loves it here too but it would be nice to see her settled into her own home soon. 

She loves cuddles and is a very happy girl.  Her weight loss programme is going well too and runs around after Misty now!  She will chew dog beds (with Tino her partner in crime) when left for a few hours but this is improving.  They never do it any other time!  Can not fault her with children  or dogs.  She does not rely on Tino so does not have to be homed with him but will need another dog for company.

xx

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
they both look adorable,enjoy your time with them .  Shona

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »

I am still waiting patiently for a family to call my own  :luv:  I have been with my foster family 2 months now and no one has shown any interest in me.  I am a good girl who loves cuddles and being around people of all ages.  I do not chew the beds as much any more as they are nicer to sleep on than the floors  :005:  I will soon be 8 years old (next month) and would love to be settled in a home soon.

Vicky (Virtue)

xx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »
Awwww, I'd have you & Tino in a heartbeat but Dally still has his doo-dahs  :005:

Can't believe nobody has expressed an interest in her - I really hope their new home (or homes) are just around the corner for them  :luv:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
Vicky is now by donation only as she is nearly 8 years old (end of this month).  She also has her narrowed ear canal and blindness in one eye.

Here are some new pics of her  :luv: :luv: