Author Topic: Crufts  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Leapy_Lee

• Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »
I am hoping to have a good look at the cockers on discover dog. As soom of you know i am trying to make my mine up what dog to have. Is anyone on her doing discover dogs on the thursday or the sunday?  

sarah xxxx

Offline Tidge

• Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 04:55:20 PM »
Mine haven't arrived yet, so at least I'm not alone and can now save the cost of a phone call and all of those menus, to chase up me tickets.  Thanks.

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
Crufts
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2005, 05:23:10 PM »
This might sound like a daft question (never been to Crufts before), can I take Scooby with me?  Thinking about it, I suppose you can't take your own dog as it would be bedlam but if I can't I won't be able to go as haven't got anyone to dog-sit that day  :(  
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Sue H

Crufts
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 07:02:05 PM »
Only dogs who are entered in the show can go into the Centre, and the car parking covers ACRES so it would be really difficult to keep on going back and letting them out ....

When you experience it, and see how many people are there, you realise that all your dog would encounter are millions of feet and legs which would be no fun at all !!  The show covers a vast amount of space, in multi-level halls, and there are 'retail opportunities' in each Hall as well as show rings, kennelling etc. and soooo many people !!!

Try to go, but leave your dogs at home or with friends etc as you will get loads more out of the day (which is exhausting !) and you will realise as soon as you get there that you HAVE done the right thing !!

Wear comfy clothes and shoes, and be prepared to backtrack for things, since lots of offers are duplicated and you may see a cheaper item later on.  Having said that, DO try to remember where you saw that thing that you absolutely adored, since it is huge, and trying to find a particular stall again can be very stressful if you haven't been paying attention!

We hope to go on the Saturday (? izzit?) and it would be lovely if COL members could decide on a little logo that we could all print out and wear so we could walk up to other members and introduce ourselves ..

How about a plain blue on white background, say Arial, just COL, pinned somewhere lapel-ish ??

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 10:56:57 PM »
I hope all of you going to Crufts have a wonderful time  :D   I'm just jealous that I can't be there....... :(

Louise  
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »
If anyone is around the Special Events Ring at Crufts, keep an eye out for Emily who is in the Demonstration Team for the Safe and Sound Scheme  B)   She will be demonstrating at 11am and 2pm on Saturday and 10am in Sunday.  She will be the little girl with the long blonde hair and big grin  :D , so if you are there, please give her a wave.  To get into the team she has had to complete a workbook, pass a written exam and pass an audition, plus rehearsing every Sunday in February, so a big commitment for a little girl (proud mum  :) )  We hope that her official duties won't prevent us from spending plenty of time at the cocker spaniel ring, where we hope to meet lots of COLiners.

Sue and Tilly (who didn't audition for the team as the dogs had to be 100% "bombproof" and Tilly is only about 75% on a good day  :P !)

sweetie

Crufts
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 12:25:01 PM »
consider it done,lots of waving from us to  emily ;)  :D  

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
Crufts
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 01:03:45 PM »
Only dogs who are entered in the show can go into the Centre, and the car parking covers ACRES so it would be really difficult to keep on going back and letting them out ....

Thanks for that Sue - in that case might leave hubby at home with Scooby and go along with a friend, I can spend more money that way anyway  ;)  
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 01:04:41 PM »
If anyone is around the Special Events Ring at Crufts, keep an eye out for Emily who is in the Demonstration Team for the Safe and Sound Scheme  B)   She will be demonstrating at 11am and 2pm on Saturday and 10am in Sunday.  She will be the little girl with the long blonde hair and big grin  :D , so if you are there, please give her a wave.  To get into the team she has had to complete a workbook, pass a written exam and pass an audition, plus rehearsing every Sunday in February, so a big commitment for a little girl (proud mum  :) )  We hope that her official duties won't prevent us from spending plenty of time at the cocker spaniel ring, where we hope to meet lots of COLiners.

Sue and Tilly (who didn't audition for the team as the dogs had to be 100% "bombproof" and Tilly is only about 75% on a good day  :P !)
That's cool Sue - what's the Safe and Sound scheme? Will Emily be demonstarting with a cocker?  

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 02:16:19 PM »
That's cool Sue - what's the Safe and Sound scheme? Will Emily be demonstarting with a cocker?
Thanks Mike, we think it's cool too  :D .  We're particularly looking forward to the final dress rehearsal on Wednesday evening before Crufts starts on the Thursday.  It will be really interesting to see everything being set up before the mayhem of the show  :) .

The Safe and Sound Scheme is a new initiative by the Kennel Club, designed to help children to understand how to interact safely with dogs.  The kiddies learn how to approach dogs safely, when not to approach them at all and how to react if they come across an unfriendly dog - plus lots more.  You can find out more about it on the Kennel Club site.

Sadly Emily will not be demonstrating with a cocker, I think the dogs she will be with are Belgian Shepherds, plus a man dressed up in a dog-suit   :ph34r: :lol:  :lol: .

Tilly and Emily did get their photograph in the Leicester Mercury last Monday though (14th), when it covered her Crufts appearance, so Tilly has a small claim to local fame  :D .  

Sue and Tilly (no autographs B) )

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Crufts
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 04:30:26 PM »
Hope Emily enjoys it :D !
I used to handle Belgian Shepherds - v. clever dogs :) !

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Crufts
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 05:05:07 PM »
:) Sue- what a great idea, well done to Emily.  I'm going with a friend who has a little girl and I'm sure she will love to see that, will try and find you !  :D

Have fun x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Crufts
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 06:31:02 PM »
You must be so proud of her Sue!!! what a great acheivement and commitment  B)  I'll try and remember to look out for her  ;)  

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Crufts
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 03:23:34 PM »
Is anyone on her doing discover dogs on the thursday or the sunday?  

Me and my mum are doing Discover Dogs on Sunday. :)

You will have to come over and say hello. We are still showing the Cocker's on saturday though. :)

Chelsea.

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
Crufts
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005, 03:27:46 PM »
You and your mum are going to have a busy weekend then Chelsea :)

A question for those of you who have shown at crufts or been to crufts before...... the rpogram that you get does it contain a map of the nec, showing all the rings and where each breed is shown??
If not I'm going to spend all day looking for the Cockers and never finding them, can see it all so clearly   :blink:  :lol:
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx