Author Topic: Behaviourist Assessment Today (just wanting to share)  (Read 3652 times)

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Behaviourist Assessment Today (just wanting to share)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
Just read through this and I have to say I am so impressed by how far you have both come in such a short period of time.  Well done both of you, fantastic progress, no wonder you are so pleased  :clapping:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 03:33:02 PM »
That's good news, well done to you both :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Vicki

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
So our 6-week course has finished, and we've decided to sign up for another one. We've covered an introduction to clicker-training, some very basic agility (getting accustomed to hoops and jumps) and working on her recall, retrieve, wait and distance commands.

Sally has been an absolute star! Yesterday she was quivering with excitement because our trainer was trying to distract her with a toy but not once did she break her 'stay'. I was so proud of the funny little thing.

And she loves the agility exercises - you should see her flying over the jumps like a little show-pony!  :luv:

All not perfect with her on-lead concerns mind you. Last week, the dog she sits next to every single class, got a bit too close (I think we'd all got a bit too complacent and relaxed) and there was some angry noise. But she was never going to get over her 'I can't run away, so I'll grrrrr instead' issues in a month. And her recall 'in the real world' has gone a bit awry this week thanks to the uber-excitement of thick snow everywhere.  ph34r

But onwards and upwards!

The training school is LOVELY. So am going to give them a plug if that's ok - Hot Dogs in Soham. http://www.hotdogstraining.co.uk/

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
 :clapping:
Well done to you!
It sounds as though you're
having a great time at class
and getting where you want
to be with Sally :luv:
steffxxx