Author Topic: Brodies first night  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Dan

Re: Brodies first night
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Maddy- thanks alot I'll take a proper look at the thread now ;) thanks for all your help :D

Offline maddy74

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
No worries, im not an expert I can only give you advice based on my experience with Willow. It will get better I was very stressed when we first had Willow but at 16 months she is a real sweetie. Keep up the good work  :D

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »
I always remove Molly's water as she wakes me if she needs a drink (which is only ever in the day when she's crated when I'm working in my home office).  We never put water in her crate (except when we go out).  I work from home and she is crated for a bit in the day, and when she wants a drink/a wee/a mooch about she does a little meep and I let her out.

When we have water in her crate she has a bath in it  :005: she ends up dripping wet.  It's because she loves a good 'dig' in her crate, and her vet bed is all over the place, so she gets soaked.  If she was 'deprived' of water in any way for the 7 hours she is asleep in her crate at night, she'd let me know  :005: and she never has!

So in other words it's personal choice how you bring up Brodie and what little choices you make, so it's doing what works for you  :D
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline maddy74

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »
Hi Dan,

If you do decide to leave Brodie with water we have a crate bowl that screws onto the side of the crate, like I said we only leave her with a few cm's of water int he bottom. (see below) we got ours from pets at home but  couldnt see one on their site when I just looked for you. These can screw on at any height. Ive always had ours slightly raised because during puppy hood Willow would ruffle her bedding etc and I found that raising it she didnt wet the bedding. I used to put something under it (a small blanket) as when she was really small i was worried she would be able to move the bowl and get her head stuck in the holder, I was probably being over cautious and this never happened but she was such a fidgit as a pup  :005:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-steel-bowl-screw-attachment/dp/B000WFL9Q2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1334428753&sr=8-5

Hope this helps

Maddy

Offline Dan

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Thanks alot maddy will check pets at home tomorrow before work see if there one there! Appreciate your help thanks again will get this sorted so I don't have to take her water away ;)

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 08:07:56 PM »
Molly still manages to get soaked even with the bowls that screw on to the crates  :005: but if you do decide to get them they are even cheaper on ebay  :D
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013