Author Topic: Will Flo embarrass me on holiday?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Clare B

Will Flo embarrass me on holiday?
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
It's school holidays here at the moment, and I'm off down the south coast tomorrow for a week (4 hrs south of Sydney) with 6 families, some I know really well others not so. 
We will be sharing a beach house with another family , close friends.  
BUT I am a little concerned about Flos naughtiness ( she will be coming with us) as there will be loads of outdoor family meals and gatherings with all the families going.... 12 adults and 27 kids ( kids ranging in age from 8 to 17). Flo is such a food thief I'm a little concerned that I'm going to have to be constantly apologizing for her greedy tries at snatching food!  
There will be other family dogs there, and all families are as far as I know very laid back..... Hopefully Flo will be so exhausted from playing on the beach that she won't be too bothersome  :huh:

Offline JulieM

Re: Will Flo embarrass me on holiday?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
If she's anything like my Flo it should be fun  :005:

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
In answer to your question in the subject box.

Yes. Most definitely :lol2:

(and you wouldn't have it any other way  :luv: )
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:16:34 PM »

Exactly - it is called "character" in my house  :shades: :005:
Julie and Watson

sarahR

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
Of cause she will you wouldn't want her to be a boring old f..t ! and you will still love her and will talk about her holiday times in years to come..Remember when....

Have a lovely time she will be fine.

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »

Exactly - it is called "character" in my house  :shades: :005:

Flo wouldnt be a cocker if she didnt  :005: :005: :005: have fun  :lol2:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
It's a cocker's job :D

Coop and I only ever go back to a place twice, the second time's to apologise :)

Hope you have a great time!

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »
Flo will love it and doesn't everyone love Spaniels!!!!?
I wish I was coming too with my little Cassie

Offline Clare B

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »
Well a couple of days in and So far so good!  Flo is loved by everyone and hasn't yet stolen food from a child ;) went feeding tame stingrays in the bay and Flo watched on ... Am trying to take some good pics but so much going on it's difficult to catch a moment.
But Flo is having the time of her life ... Flo has done alot of excited racing around, sniffing, digging, racing down the beach,  and generally loving the freedom.  There are lots of kangaroos here which we have to watch her with because the bucks are big and there are joeys That they ate guarding ,we have to make sure Flo won't annoy , because she would come off worse for ware against a big grey roo buck.
All good so far ... I'm going to keep trying to capture so
Some pics .  :luv:

Offline Clare B

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »
Well back home now after a lovely time away, and I have to report Flo was a total gem :luv:
No bad behavior... A little stealing of food from my kids and the kids she knows well :005:
We were sharing a house with another family who don't have dogs and she was not allowed on the sofas(at home she is) but she quite happily learnt to snooze in her bed.  She only got on nerves ones when she spotted kangaroos in the garden, and wasn't allowed outside because she might chase them, so she barked and barked.... Totally understandable.
Everyone else on holiday with us loved her... Some even said she was they favorite dog they'd met!!!
Another family had a fox terrier who was apparently nippy and unfortunately they couldn't let off lead when gathering with all of us, and another family had two Maltese x something...and the male one cocked his leg on my friend beer when in our holiday house  :shades:  my friend then presented the owner with 2 garlic cloves in a bag and said I've cut of his balls that should stop him marking :lol:
The owners of the foxy and the maltese x's said they both love cockers and don't know why they didn't have one instead of the dogs they have  :'( my thought is that they haven't put as much time and concern into their doggies as I..... But I may be wrong.
Got some good pics , will post them in the gallery when I'm organized and finished all the washing and unpacking.   :D

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »
Yay Good girl Flo :luv:
Pleased to hear all was good
and you had a great time too!
steffxxx

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
Clare, where did you go on holiday to? Was it a holiday let? Always looking for holiday places that allow dogs!!

Offline Clare B

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 11:11:57 AM »
Hi Tillydog,
Southcoast... Little town called Bendalong... Lots if holiday let's there, one shop/ letting agent/bottle shop ... Very off track south of Hyams beach... Dogs are fine with most of the let's and the dogs are allowed on the beach and forest .... Just need to be very vigilant with the ticks, even off season!  We had no prob cause I gave a dose of avantix and sprayed with a tick formular from the vet.  :D

Offline Clare B

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 01:52:25 PM »