Author Topic: Dog who hates ANY grooming?  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
Re: Dog who hates ANY grooming?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »
Jonny (springer) doesn't like having his back end groomed and complains something awful. I have to put him in a kind of half-nelson under one arm while I do his bum and back legs so he can't bite me! It sounds really cruel, but it 's just being firm and assertive really. I always finish by brushing his chest which he loves so we finish on a positive note. Maybe you have to just be firm with someone holding her until you get the matts out, and then try to reintroduce regular gentle grooming. Have you tried the kong zoom-groom? It's made of rubber and while it doesn't get undercoat out, it does massage the skin and pull out loose hairs.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »
Ooh i'll have a look at that, thankyou!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline The Waltons

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »
Milo hates it too, i bribe him with his favourite cheese but he really is a pain. The groomer gave me a bigger brush recently as i lost the smaller one & he hates it ,so bought another smaller brush & he is worse than ever now......they never forget do they, clever little cockers  :luv:
hope it gets easier for you both  :blink:
jo & milo