Author Topic: 2 weeks until Roxy is spayed.  (Read 628 times)

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
2 weeks until Roxy is spayed.
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
In two,weeks time I will be bringing Roxy home after her op, I've already decided to sleep down stairs with her for a few nights and to move the stair gate from the utility room door back to the bottom of the stairs, is there anything else I should do or be prepared for (got some Rescue Remedy for myself  :-\ )
Im really starting to worry now  :'(

Offline maddy74

Re: 2 weeks until Roxy is spayed.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »
I slept downstairs with Willow on an air bed for two nights. After the first night the worst thing was keeping her quiet. I was shocked at how zonked the anesthetic made her when we collected her, but by the following day she wanted to jump on the furniture. We put our dining room chairs upturned on the sofa when we wernt in the room with her. I hope it all goes well. xx

Offline CockersIndie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
Aside from comforting is there a reason for sleeping downstairs with then? Indie will be getting spayed after a season or two but just wondering :) I'm already nervous!, good luck for roxy's op!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »
I think ive lost the plot!!  I didnt sleep downstairs with Willow at all as we live maisonette  :005: :005: But I did sleep in the lounge with her on an air bed! I did this so I was near her, I didnt need to use the collar I was given but I am a light sleeper so i would of heard her had she have tried to lick or bite the wound.

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »
Our Jem is being spayed on the same day, so we will be going through the worry together! I'm dreading it too, although it is the third time I've had a girlie spayed and Cassie and Ruby were both fine, in fact it was more of a job keeping them quiet!

I am also thinking of sleeping downstairs with Jem, because she normally sleeps in her bed in our room but she obviously shouldn't be climbing the stairs, but I think it might hurt her if we carried her too.

Fingers crossed for Roxy and Jem then!
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »
Thank you everyone, several people I have spoken to have said that keeping them calm after a couple of days is the hardest task!!
We don't have a particularly high back door step, but would I still need to lift her in and out for a wee? Even lifting her worries me in case I hurt her  :huh:

I'll be thinking of you and your fur baby Ruby Tuesday xx