Author Topic: Advice/Previous experience plese: Small litter or False Pregnancy?  (Read 5163 times)

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
Re: Advice/Previous experience plese: Small litter or False Pregnancy?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »
Sorry to read this. We've had misses as well, all part of breeding! At least your girly is ok x
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline kaycee

• Wow!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
Oh such a shame, and so dissapointing, get her slim & fit as you can to take her mind off of the phantom pregnancy then try next season!!!! k.

Offline Kittie

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 12:05:08 PM »
Thanks Everyone.

She seems to be doing really well, and doesn't seem distressed or anything about not having any babies. She is really quickly turning back into her old self: eating well ( although she is very unimpressed with having so little food, and no extras!) has so much more energy and personality, and is back to her usual 'spinning and singing' self when I pick up her lead indicating that we are going out!

Her abdomen has already started to reduce in size, and is no longer solid. The vet asked if I wanted some medication to counter her 'pregnancy' hormones, but I decided to just let her body sort itself out.

She is now on Hills R/D Prescription diet, as she has a considerable amount of weight to lose, and this diet is designed to make her lose weight without cutting out any vital nutritional needs.

Hopefully she will be back to normal in no time!  :D