Author Topic: Natural anxiety remedy  (Read 493 times)

Offline rubyduby

Natural anxiety remedy
« on: January 04, 2024, 07:16:08 PM »
Hi everyone, I am looking for a natural product I can use on my 5 yr old Cocker Amber, she is very clingy and I feel she might benefit from some kind of natural stress relief, if anyone can recommend anything, there are so many 'calming' herbal products out there I dont know where to turn and I really dont want to spend a fortune on useless products (been there)

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
Re: Natural anxiety remedy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 01:08:56 PM »
My Maisie suffered really badly 2022 from all the very loud fireworks so this year i was prepared.
i got her https://www.dorwest.com/product/valerian-compound-for-dogs-and-cats/ which worked very well as fast acting.  They also do tablets which are given regularly https://www.dorwest.com/product/scullcap-valerian-tablets-for-dogs-and-cats/
I didn’t use the tablets myself as i wanted a fast acting solution for just a few days over the firework season.
I think the tablets may be more suitable for Amber.
I have heard other people on the forum have had good results from these products too.
It is so hard as there are so many products out there.  For my Stevie I tried umpteen products to help her dementia that offered hope but sadly nothing really did work.
Fingers crossed you find something to help Amber.
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 01:41:38 PM »
Thankyou Vixen, I will definately try your suggestions

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 04:38:45 PM »
I’ve had Nutracalm recommended for a dog that likes to throw her bedding round and then eat it!  It’s available from Vets, not tried it yet but plan to.