Author Topic: Smelly  (Read 6248 times)

Offline dollar

• Site Member
Smelly
« on: July 14, 2002, 09:04:50 PM »
Hi all
I have a smelly little girl its a fishy smell both from her urine and also her Breath this maybe from her licking her hind quarters.She is 20 months old and is full of life and eats like a horse.
 I have been in touch with my vet and I am informed that this could be a gland in her rear end that requires draining  any one experienced this ???.                    
dollar

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Smelly
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 09:12:56 PM »
That will be the anal gland, quite normal. If we take our two to the groomers, for a small extra charge they will see to emptying the anal glands for us. Quite a straightforward thing to do. I know it's possible to do it oneself, but we prefer to leave it to the pro's. Did your vet not offer to do it for you?

Stuart                    

Offline dollar

• Site Member
Smelly
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 10:08:26 PM »
Thanks Stuart for your reply I feel more at ease now I had all sorts of things going thru my mind.
It was the Vets receptionist who thought it was that so now I will make a appoinment to see the Vet.
Thanks again
Dollar :)                    
dollar

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Smelly
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 11:55:47 AM »
Yes the vet will sort that out no problem. In the meantime here is a link (USA site) which tells you all about the glands and what they do.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cl...2&articleid=510

Stuart                    

Offline dollar

• Site Member
Smelly
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 11:32:49 PM »
Hi,
just up dating you, had Bramble to the vets the problem was as you suggested her rear end a bit of a messy job for the vet but problem is solved and we can now have the pleasure of those wet licks
Thanks
Dollar                    
dollar

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Smelly
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 03:57:12 PM »
It it a messy job! But someone has to do it! ;D
You may find that you need to get it done regularly to prevent infection etc. Some dogs can have real problems with their glands, but if they are emptied this should prevent any future problems.